PDA

View Full Version : OT: Shade Sails

YesNdeed
04-17-2017, 02:56 PM
I'm looking to cover the driveway with a shade sail, and while they are easily purchased from a number of retailers, the higher quality ones seem to be harder to find. Someone recommended Colorado Shade Sail, but according to the site, I have drive to a Henderson flea market to get one (???). I also came across Shade Sail Canada, which right now is my top choice. This sail will be exposed to an extremely high UV index, 40-50 MPH winds and occasional snow in the Winter, so a Home Depot or Amazon special probably won't cut it. Buy the best, buy it once.

Any suggestions?

YesNdeed
04-17-2017, 02:57 PM
Oops! Wrong forum. Can a mod move it to General Discussion? Sorry!

William
04-17-2017, 02:59 PM
Oops! Wrong forum. Can a mod move it to General Discussion? Sorry!

Done! :)

William

dustyrider
04-17-2017, 08:25 PM
I'll be in the market for one or two these when I get my backyard and deck squared away. Still a ways away.

I was planning on talking to a few business owners that I see with them, or even the city. Seems like they take them down in the winter months from what I can tell. Good luck in the search!

dave thompson
04-17-2017, 08:28 PM
I'm looking to cover the driveway with a shade sail, and while they are easily purchased from a number of retailers, the higher quality ones seem to be harder to find. Someone recommended Colorado Shade Sail, but according to the site, I have drive to a Henderson flea market to get one (???). I also came across Shade Sail Canada, which right now is my top choice. This sail will be exposed to an extremely high UV index, 40-50 MPH winds and occasional snow in the Winter, so a Home Depot or Amazon special probably won't cut it. Buy the best, buy it once.

Any suggestions?
We use the Home Depot shade sails (sombras) here in Mexico. Talk about a high UV index. Hurricanes too.

The key to a long lasting shade is how well it's reinforced around grommets and how well it's mounted. If you intend to leave it up year 'round my suggestion is to buy less expensive models and replace more often. It will be cheaper in the long run.