PDA

View Full Version : OT: Bentonville, AR over Labor Day, any accommodation recommendations?

ofcounsel
04-17-2017, 12:02 AM
I'm flying into Bentonville over Labor Day weekend (9/1 to 9/5) for some MTB riding with 4 or 5 of my buddies. Anyone have a rental or VRBO/AirBnB recommendation they've used or have a lead on? All of us are over 35 and not going to wreck the place.

Thanks in advance!

PS, if you're in the area during that time and want to ride with some middle aged, over-weight guys with great taste in beer, feel free to invite yourself to some riding!

JAGI410
04-17-2017, 08:15 AM
Bentonville looks amazing for MTB! Have a great trip!

Fatty
04-17-2017, 08:59 AM
My recommendation.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/1000/4e/4e029fb7-1924-4656-a03d-b9fcfc1117df_1000.jpg

ofcounsel
04-17-2017, 05:18 PM
:)

04-17-2017, 09:39 PM
This is the home of Walmart so there are hundreds of vendors and salespeople always in town. However, there are some really interesting places in town, starting with Crystal Bridges, the Alice Walton funded contemporary art museum.

All of this brings a wide spectrum of hotels to town. Try the 21c Museum Hotel if you're interested in creative spaces. There are a number of places out into the country a bit, many on lakes or in the woods. If you want to be closer to the country, try one of these out. I've stayed at the Coppermine and the Inn at Bella Vista, which are both nice and priced in the low to mid $100 range. The 21c is probably the most expensive in town, but still only about $230 on corporate rates and worth it. There are also a couple places that are literally overbuilt log cabins in the woods on the shore of a lake. They're nice if it's what you like. Practically everything is focused on sales rep and salesperson pay scales.

And the bugs aren't all that bad. The lakes can be a bit worse but Bentonville isn't all that bad.

paredown
04-17-2017, 11:14 PM
This is the home of Walmart so there are hundreds of vendors and salespeople always in town. However, there are some really interesting places in town, starting with Crystal Bridges, the Alice Walton funded contemporary art museum.

All of this brings a wide spectrum of hotels to town. Try the 21c Museum Hotel if you're interested in creative spaces.
My lovely wife travels there frequently, and recently has been staying at the 21C, and enjoyed Crystal Bridges as well.

If you have some time, there are some decent places to explore in Fayetteville around the University of Arkansas--everything from dive bars to decent restaurants. Around Bentonville proper, it is chains like PF Changs etc... Oh, and the Waffle House.:banana:

Tickdoc
04-18-2017, 06:01 AM
+1 crystal bridges museum is a must...and it's free.

The MTBing around is apparently sublime.

Eureka Springs is a short drive and fun little victorian artsy romantic weekend sorta town. Tons of B&B's there and small shops.

Blue Springs garden is nice.

Pea Ridge civil war battlefield is meh.

ofcounsel
04-18-2017, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the info guys!

So, I started looking at VBRO, and we're zeroing in staying in the Bella Terra area, just north of the Bentonville city limits.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the trails in the area. They're very different than the stuff we have here in SoCal.

Al