PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to Fondriest USA?

Frustration
08-16-2006, 05:49 PM
It just occured to me that I saw quite a bit of press about "the worlds finest bikes", then lately nada...

Anyone know what happened to em?

1centaur
08-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Company folded a few months ago, per a few threads I saw in various forums.

SoCalSteve
08-16-2006, 09:43 PM
I sure wasnt too thrilled with mine. Sold it on ebay after about a 1,000 miles. The customer service was sub par as well.

Just my $.02

Steve

swoop
08-16-2006, 11:18 PM
i dont think the product lived up to the marketing. making bikes is a tough business.

SoCalSteve
08-16-2006, 11:34 PM
i dont think the product lived up to the marketing. making bikes is a tough business.

I'll vouch for that. I was disappointed.

Frustration
08-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Lol,

What got this started was actually that a guy I know first sent his bike back when the clear coat came off It took almost a year to get back. Then the metal insert in the seat tube came loose... Now he sits with no bike (it got shipped back to Italy), No dealer... and no reply's.

All he wants is the broke bike back (save the jokes) so that he can give it to Nick Crumpton or Calfee to fix.

yeehawfactor
08-17-2006, 08:55 AM
The customer service was sub par as well.

Just my $.02

Steve
i don't think they really got customer service. it took 14 months to get a new derailleur hanger for a friend's fondriest

cw05
08-19-2006, 09:13 AM
I got a Status Carb (steel with carbon seatstays) that I have been pretty happy with. One bad thing though is when I was building it up the first time I noticed that the rear wheel didn't sit straight in the rear dropouts...thus, setting the wheel off center towards the left chainstay (not much but still noticeable). I called Fondriest USA and the head guy there, Will Atencio, tells me to take a file to the dropout to correct the problem. Amazing!

Samster
08-19-2006, 11:59 AM
I got a Status Carb (steel with carbon seatstays) that I have been pretty happy with. One bad thing though is when I was building it up the first time I noticed that the rear wheel didn't sit straight in the rear dropouts...thus, setting the wheel off center towards the left chainstay (not much but still noticeable). I called Fondriest USA and the head guy there, Will Atencio, tells me to take a file to the dropout to correct the problem. Amazing!neither the first nor the last production bike to have this kind of issue. i have a different brand of high-end bike with basically the same problem.

"craftsmanship," natmo.

Kines
08-19-2006, 08:54 PM
No complaints with mine. But I guess we're not talking vintage here, are we?

http://home.triad.rr.com/tommyten/profile2.jpg

shinomaster
08-19-2006, 09:44 PM
I got a Status Carb (steel with carbon seatstays) that I have been pretty happy with. One bad thing though is when I was building it up the first time I noticed that the rear wheel didn't sit straight in the rear dropouts...thus, setting the wheel off center towards the left chainstay (not much but still noticeable). I called Fondriest USA and the head guy there, Will Atencio, tells me to take a file to the dropout to correct the problem. Amazing!

My front wheel didn't sit straight in my Serotta (kinesis) fork either.....so my shop filed it too...