PDA

View Full Version : Nice experience with a new friend

Ken Robb
04-10-2017, 01:51 PM
Some time ago I responded to a WTB on the Forum. The OP decided to buy something else but CAT6 chimed in with a few questions. He too decided to go another way.
A few days ago I got a PM from him asking if my Riv Allrounder was still available. I hadn't really listed it or tried to sell it so I still had it. Since he lives in Pasadena I invited him to come and ride it and my other bikes to see if any of them rang his chimes. He asked if he could bring a pal with him. Sure, why not?
His buddy brought along a bike of his own so they could do some riding around La Jolla before heading home. CAT 6 loved the AR. His pal saw my bikefriday and asked if I would sell that too. Sure, why not?

So, I can tell you that Luke and his pal are neat guys, long-time cyclists, and fun to visit with. I can also tell you that a new Subaru Outback will swallow two big bikes (AR is 63cm) plus a bikefriday plus its carrying case.

I think the new owners are excited with their new bikes and I am pleased that I didn't have to endure the sometimes painful endless questions and shipping of some long distance transactions. I am very pleased these bikes went to good homes.

Keith A
04-10-2017, 01:55 PM
Very cool...thanks for sharing.

drewellison
04-10-2017, 01:56 PM
TPL is a great community, and your story is an example why.
Thanks for sharing!

gasman
04-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Nice story.

They couldn't have dealt with a better guy than you Ken.

Glad the bikes went from one good home to another.

Ken Robb
04-10-2017, 03:33 PM
Nice story.

You're too kind. I still have your Hampsten waiting. :-)
:p

onsight512
04-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Nice story.

Exactly. Having spoken to Ken last year while I was looking for some parts for a build, I couldn't agree more.

gasman
04-10-2017, 04:12 PM

Oooo

Don't tempt me.

Ken Robb
04-10-2017, 04:27 PM
Oooo

Don't tempt me.
As the girl on the corner at 2AM said: "you know you want it". :beer:

dave thompson
04-10-2017, 04:59 PM

Hampsten eh? Hmm, I forgot about that.

Ken Robb
04-10-2017, 06:40 PM
Hampsten eh? Hmm, I forgot about that.
It's "just your size".