PDA

View Full Version : New Book - Paul Brodie - The Man Behind Brodie Bikes

pdonk
04-04-2017, 05:48 AM
Being the proud owner of a 1988 Brodie ClimbMax, I was really happy to see a memoir from Paul Brodie.

The book is written in the first person and uses very simple language. Each chapter is only a few pages long and gives a high level overview of an important facet of his life, everything from the business of bike building, his thought process for building and why he builds things and even mysticism.

There are limited pictures throughout the book, my favourite being the shop drawing of the crown of gatorblade.

Finally, he includes a description of the 67 step process he uses to build bikes.

If you have one of his bikes - his shop built approximately 4000 over his active career - then you will definitely enjoy, if you are interested in business there are some good sections, if you want an easy read, it is also good.

Best part is that for an extra dollar he'll sign it for you. I wasn't quick enough to get my serial number in for the inscription, but am happy to have the book to go with my bike, memories of riding it and the "b" key chain he gave me 25 years ago.

Here is a link to to order the book

http://flashbackfab.com/book-2016/

sales guy
04-04-2017, 06:56 AM
Paul gave me one and signed it at NAHBS. I've met him before as we were next to each other in Charlotte while I was with Thomson. He gave it to me if I gave him one of ours. I was like DEAL!!!

The book is excellent. I never realized how much he had done for bike design till reading it. Great pictures and info about him and his building over the years.

It's something for everyone who loves bikes.