PDA

View Full Version : Spoke choice for Marge Lite wheels?

moose8
04-03-2017, 06:34 PM
I'm finally going to build up a set of Marge-lite rims to a Paul FHUB and an Alfine 8 for use on my very versatile surly 1x1. A local shop is going to do the actual wheelbuilding - are there any particular spokes or anything I should ask for? Priority is strength on this bike - I want it to be set and forget.

As always, thanks for any advice.

As an aside, anyone here tried this setup? I really want a fatbike but this seems like a good compromise for the time-being given space and money constraints.

I am an idiot - I obviously put this in the wrong forum. If anyone knows how to move it, please do so- thanks!

AngryScientist
04-03-2017, 07:08 PM
If anyone knows how to move it, please do so- thanks!

i do!

i did!

you're welcome!

moose8
04-03-2017, 07:31 PM
i do!

i did!

you're welcome!

Thanks!

JAGI410
04-03-2017, 08:19 PM
Just get double butted spokes. The shop likely carries wheelsmith or DT Swiss, both are excellent. A semi fat 1x1 would be fun!

oldpotatoe
04-04-2017, 05:07 AM
I'm finally going to build up a set of Marge-lite rims to a Paul FHUB and an Alfine 8 for use on my very versatile surly 1x1. A local shop is going to do the actual wheelbuilding - are there any particular spokes or anything I should ask for? Priority is strength on this bike - I want it to be set and forget.

As always, thanks for any advice.

As an aside, anyone here tried this setup? I really want a fatbike but this seems like a good compromise for the time-being given space and money constraints.

I am an idiot - I obviously put this in the wrong forum. If anyone knows how to move it, please do so- thanks!

Sapim Race or DT comp..or if uber spokes, Sapim Force or Strong spokes.