PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia Entertainment

Greg Wright
08-14-2006, 06:23 PM
I know this has been hashed out again and again..................

:crap: So I woke up again last night (early morning) and had to channel surf for cheap entertainment to hopefully put me to sleep again. Then I found Breaking Away was just beginning. Hadn't seen it in many years, so I settled in hoping I'd only last a few minutes. I know it's really corny and all, but I really got a chuckle out of this again. I think it's Dennis Christopher who played the Italian wannabe and he made me laugh again. And his dad, the droll frustrated dude. I was just about to drop off again and he went into his tirade about food and I thought I'd heard that before!! And yep--I found it today right there on Elefantino's tag line................
It's all them 'eenie' foods... zucchini... and linguini... and fettuccine. I want some American food, dammit! I want French fries!"
— Paul Dooley, Breaking Away

Anyway--funny flick for me at least and I managed to faze out after about 40 minutes. Memories of early cycling movies (American that is). Not good entertainment, but good for a few tired laughs.

So now I'm waaay too tired to ride today and it's beginning to rain. :confused: Tomorrow.... :bike:

mosca
08-14-2006, 06:41 PM
For the record, Breaking Away received Academy Award nominations for Best Picture, Best Director (Peter Yates), Best Supporting Actress (Barbara Barrie), Best Score, and won the award for Best Screenplay (Steve Tesich). So no need to feel guilty for enjoying it :D

ps: How could they overlook Paul Dooley for a nomination? It's criminal!

bironi
08-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Refund! Refund!

Saxon
08-14-2006, 11:16 PM
That movie's one of the main reasons I bought my red Masi :)

onekgguy
08-15-2006, 06:42 AM
It will always be one of my all time favorites.

Kevin

http://www.nmpft.org.uk/images/filmimages/breakingaway.jpg

Kevin
08-15-2006, 06:45 AM
Great movie.

Kevin