PDA

View Full Version : Petition against doping

erty65
08-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Sign the petition (http://www.cyklistermotdoping.com/english/)

catulle
08-14-2006, 02:46 PM
My humble opinion is that doping as presently known (steroids, human growth hormone, blood oxygenation, and so on) should be legalized and the industry regulated. Prohibition only results in moonshine and Al Capone, atmo.

harlond
08-14-2006, 02:52 PM
+1. I believe further efforts at prohibition are far more likely to hurt the sport than help it, particularly given the record of the UCI to date.

SoCalSteve
08-14-2006, 02:56 PM
And to add one more thing...

Look at the "Drug War" that America has waged and how successful that has been (insert sarcasm here).

Steve

PS: Can you say "Even Playing Field"? Either everyone does it or everyone doesnt, nuff said.

Fixed
08-14-2006, 03:10 PM
yeah me too

Needs Help
08-14-2006, 03:58 PM
The only thing worse than dopers are apologists for dopers.

Ray
08-14-2006, 05:19 PM
The only thing worse than dopers are apologists for dopers.
I can think of LOTS of people who are worse than dopers. Murderers, terrorists, dictators, presidents who start wars on false pretenses (oops, sorry if that violated a forum rule), people who drive Hummers without a REALLY good reason. Jeez, I even had a boss once who I think was worse than dopers. I think you can probably think of a few too.

And if doping isn't a 'problem' (call me a cynic, but that's my opinion), 'apologizing' for it isn't really an apology, but just an opinion that you don't share.

-Ray

72gmc
08-14-2006, 05:51 PM
a rational (or at least non-hysterical) testing and enforcement leader is the first step. not one of many, the first.

as written, or even rewritten this is wishful thinking.... but good luck to you.

p.s. good points, ray. i think my old boss admired your old boss.

Needs Help
08-14-2006, 11:51 PM
Let me rephrase: apologists for dopers are just as bad as the dopers themselves. In my opinion, apologists for dopers help perpetuate the system, a system which shuns clean riders, and therefore prevents clean riders from getting their shot at greatness.

Avispa
08-15-2006, 12:21 AM
...apologists for dopers help perpetuate the system, a system which shuns clean riders, and therefore prevents clean riders from getting their shot at greatness.

Reason # 301, why I think Lance is no better than D. Pound...

manet
08-15-2006, 04:35 AM
My humble opinion is that doping as presently known (steroids, human growth hormone, blood oxygenation, and so on) should be legalized and the industry regulated. Prohibition only results in moonshine and Al Capone, atmo.

seeing as most of the signers appear
to enjoy pickled fish, i signed for you.

William
08-15-2006, 05:30 AM
Dopers Suck. :butt:

William

harlond
08-15-2006, 08:14 AM
Let me rephrase: apologists for dopers are just as bad as the dopers themselves. In my opinion, apologists for dopers help perpetuate the system, a system which shuns clean riders, and therefore prevents clean riders from getting their shot at greatness.I'm not sure rephrasing helps, seems to me you're still engaged in false accusations. No one here has apologized for dopers. Instead, they have addressed the issue whether continued and more vigorous efforts at prohibition are likely to do more harm than good. Before you consign us to perdition along with the actual apologists (and the false accusers? ;) ), at least address the same issue we are.

Wayne77
08-15-2006, 08:29 AM
1554. Floyd Landis. (USA). Age 30
X-Phonak. Elite cyclist
Comment: It wasnt me.

:rolleyes:

sspielman
08-15-2006, 08:31 AM
This petition is another example of meaningless "feel goodism" ATMO