PDA

View Full Version : Bicycles, projects, spare parts - what to do with it all?

belopsky
04-01-2017, 06:47 PM
For the past year I've been trying to reduce my spare parts bin, reduce the amount of complete bikes I have, and generally tried to clean up my garage, all to some amount of success but a lot of failure.

We recently learned that we can stay in our rental for an additional year, but the landlord wants to retire and put the house on the market. This motivates me to clean up even more.

At current I have 4 bikes that are complete, ready to roll. I have 2 frames/projects, one of which I will donate/get rid of, so I'll end up with 5 bikes total. My wife has 2 bikes of her own, but one she wants me to sell.

I have 4 or 5 pairs of fenders from various builds hanging on a shelf. Some random parts, some brakes I am trying to sell, a few handlebars. I do not want to throw things away, but at the same time, it's not worth trying to sell - I'll donate if I can, I guess?

I hate lots of tools some of which I use here and there, but if we were to move to a smaller place I will not have any room or space to use (bench grinder, for instance).

I'm rambling here but..what to do? The SIMPLEST thing to do, if my goal is to reduce clutter, keep only what I need is: Get rid of everything that is not attached to a bike.

parris
04-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Is there a local bike Co-Op or other charity that could use the parts and tools? There are a few in my area and that could be a nice option.