PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo RS groupset better than current 4 arms groupset?

Look595
03-23-2017, 02:55 AM
Want to know is the RS groupset superior or the new 4 arms version, have the chance to get my hands on one set of RS super record from friend but i myself using the new 4 arms super record groupset currently.

tuscanyswe
03-23-2017, 03:51 AM
Want to know is the RS groupset superior or the new 4 arms version, have the chance to get my hands on one set of RS super record from friend but i myself using the new 4 arms super record groupset currently.

I doubt its much diff in performance but its certainly more rare. Less red which i like visually

binxnyrwarrsoul
03-23-2017, 04:33 AM
Isn't the RS identical to pre '15 Super Record except for the logos?

Blown Reek
03-23-2017, 05:31 AM
If you've got 4-arm, post-2015 Super Record, you're getting better performance than from just an RS group. The RS stuff was a step up from the pre-2015 stuff, and the post-2015 stuff was a step up from there.

Tickdoc
03-23-2017, 07:05 AM
I've got one RS equipped bike and it is great....very fast shifting light group, but as others said, I don't think it carries any technological benefit over other SR groups pre-'15.

I haven't shifted any of the new stuff, but I have '08 record /sr mix and my RS group is noticeably quicker, lighter, and precise feeling over the '08 group.

RS just looks a damn sight better to my eyes. I just prefer the classic look of the old style compared to the new campy arms. The new one's remind me of a carbon dura ace copy, or a dead crab you might find on a beach, whichever you prefer. The old one's are a thing of beauty, imo.

oldpotatoe
03-23-2017, 07:11 AM

Define 'superior'? There were some changes to 2015 3 higher, Campag groupsets that made them a little easier to set up and a little more precise but the RS group is very, very nice.

And for right above, teeny point..11s stuff all came out in 2009, not 2008.

tuscanyswe
03-23-2017, 07:14 AM
Believe the RS cage is not carbon, more like chorus with Super Record logo .)

R3awak3n
03-23-2017, 07:33 AM
Believe the RS cage is not carbon, more like chorus with Super Record logo .)

don't people complain that the record and super record cages crack a bunch? Pretty sure I have seen a bunch of people here looking for chorus cages to replace them with.

I love the RS group, looks bad ass but doubt it functions any better than any other campy group.

The 2015+ groups do have the new front derailleur which is awesome. Appart from that it will come to which crankset you like better.

tuscanyswe
03-23-2017, 07:50 AM
don't people complain that the record and super record cages crack a bunch? Pretty sure I have seen a bunch of people here looking for chorus cages to replace them with.

I love the RS group, looks bad ass but doubt it functions any better than any other campy group.

The 2015+ groups do have the new front derailleur which is awesome. Appart from that it will come to which crankset you like better.

Yeah i may prefer a metal cage to. I dont think the carbon crack a lot but it has happened yes. The clear coat on carbon ones can look bit meh after a while as with record 10 fds as well

FlashUNC
03-23-2017, 08:49 AM
Essentially a Chorus FD with SR everything else.

The graphics really are what separates it from the rest.

beeatnik
03-23-2017, 08:59 AM
It is better.

Jeff N.
03-23-2017, 09:10 AM
Been using RS on my Axiom SL for the last year or two. The graphics seem to go well with the whole green boogaloo of the bike, but as far as better performance over standard SR, I'll be danged if I can tell any difference...they're both superb.

Bostic
03-23-2017, 09:17 AM
How long was the RS group out before the 4 arm and long front derailleur arm 2015 era was released? I actually forgot about the RS and had to do a quick search on what it was again.

FlashUNC
03-23-2017, 09:49 AM
How long was the RS group out before the 4 arm and long front derailleur arm 2015 era was released? I actually forgot about the RS and had to do a quick search on what it was again.

It was a one year thing.

Jeff N.
03-23-2017, 09:54 AM
It was a one year thing....and very limited distribution.