PDA

View Full Version : OK, it's 70 degrees today, bluebird, dead calm,

Tom
08-12-2006, 07:37 AM
I'm entered in the Albany Road Race and....

I'm at work. I'm at work from 8 to 4, 6, 8, whenever, depending on how it goes. Disaster recovery test. F'ing cerification requirements.

F'ing job. Gets in the way of my play. Too bad it pays for it.

Like Karen says: "Without work there would be no wine." People with philosophical perspective just piss me off.

Grant McLean
08-12-2006, 09:18 AM
Same weather here last few days.

I called in sick yesterday, and rode my Sachs for four hours.

sorry!

g

rePhil
08-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Once upon a time I had the greatest job I could ever wish for...except I had very little time to ride. Even though it did provided me with the ability to buy toys, pay the bills etc, I secretly wished for the time to ride. My dreams came true when my great job was not only not so great, it disappeared.
I eventually found a happy balance, working with special needs kids, commuting to my school by bike, and enough "me " time.

jeffg
08-12-2006, 12:21 PM
I need a more balanced life ...

Tom
08-12-2006, 12:35 PM
And the rest of the story... we're replacing machines three weekends in September. My original plans were to ride the local club century, then a week later the Highlander and the week after that another local century.

Guess when I'm working. You think I can ride 100 on a Saturday and then go in to work at 8pm leaving about 8am Sunday and be OK with it? The Highlander might be a stretch, it's about a 3.5 hour drive west of here...

It might work in my favor, though. I figure I'll take some days off, leave the house about seven and come home sometime in the mid to late afternoon. "Where you going, honey?" "Northwest, then east, then back south. Next week, south by southwest, west and then back east." Rides like that. All day, no clock, no particular place to go.