PDA

View Full Version : bummer but my corsa is sweet

Fixed
08-12-2006, 07:00 AM
bro I had to go to work this a.m. missed my little group ride /race yell fest .
oh well i least i got tp ride to work, movers are setting up a desk so I had to let them in .
so here 's the deal bro , my corsa rides like a dream and it's 17 years old though it looks like new . 753 tubes , how much better do the new ones ride ? my bike rocks best cornering bike i've ever had .
good riding to my bros
cheers

Climb01742
08-12-2006, 07:19 AM
don't know why but the old merckx's are better, i think. my mid-90s MLX rode nicer than the one i have from the new batches. enjoy it, man.

coylifut
08-12-2006, 09:14 AM
I have a 2002 Corsa that corners like a dream as well. It's an Eddy trait endemic to the breed.

dbrk
08-12-2006, 10:37 AM
The Corsa is one of the sweetest rides ever, in any of its iterations, and the current ones in the 7/11ish scheme are just fantastic. Did anyone else see Andy's smiling face on the cover of this month's CycleSport? speakin' of great color schemes (another thread), 7/11, etc...not that we were...

Fixed brother, I think you did a very wise thing when you bought that Merckx and it was a pleasure talking to you about it before you made the choice. You can't go wrong with an older (or newer) steel Merckx; they really are made in Belgium by guys who know how to make bikes, and have that sweeeet geo.

Today I'll get a few hours on my Legend, more scouting for next weekend's Ramble. Fixed, you'll be missed but talked about!

dbrk

alancw3
08-12-2006, 12:05 PM
looking back i don't think anyone realized how great 753 tubing was because of the difficulty of welding as compared to 531. obviously merckz got it right as well as some other builders notebly of which is bob jackson, the very first certified 753 shop, actually built the reynolds show bike for 753 tubing. that bike is a keeper fixed! i always felt the corsa more of a performance bike than the mlx of which i am fond.