PDA

View Full Version : OT - Faxing using the 'puter atmo

atmo
08-12-2006, 06:35 AM
any suggestions wrt faxing with email rather
than a fax machine? i send and receive once
or twice a month. some vendors insist on faxes.
i use the neighbor's. i don't want to buy a fax
machine for such limited use. if i use an online
fax setup, how would i "sign" documents that
require this and hand-added information?

thanks atmo.

Fixed
08-12-2006, 07:07 AM
bro get a art pad that hooks to your mac .it has a pen and a surface to write on or draw on
cheers

ergott
08-12-2006, 07:38 AM
If you have a scanner you can fax through the modem of your computer.

atmo
08-12-2006, 07:52 AM
no scanner atmo

catulle
08-12-2006, 08:03 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Brother Fax-575 Personal Plain-Paper Fax, Phone, and Copier
(Rate this item)
Avg. Customer Rating:
In Stock
List Price: $99.00
Buy new: $48.84

At Amazon. You might be able to get a fax machine or scanner for even less.

Tom
08-12-2006, 08:04 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Brother Fax-575 Personal Plain-Paper Fax, Phone, and Copier
(Rate this item)
Avg. Customer Rating:
In Stock
List Price: $99.00
Buy new: $48.84

At Amazon. You might be able to get a fax machine or scanner for even less.

Oh, yeah. You just went to the back of the queue.

DfCas
08-12-2006, 08:09 AM
Why do fax machines still exist? They are slow and require a toll call and do nothing better than a computer/printer/scanner.

I bought a cheap fax (maybe $39) just because lots of companies require it for dealer aps and orders.

Hysbrian
08-12-2006, 08:16 AM
Buy a scanner. If if you replacer your current printer with a printer/scanner.

Then you would do this for dealer apps:
A. Put that fancy signature of yours on a piece of paper and scan that into your computer. You can now use it for all sorts of things! Its like a stamp but cooler,IMHO!
B. Scan in the application they sent.(if for some reason they can't e-mail it to you)
C. Place you digital signature on that sucka, resave and resend.

Its a digital world yo.

atmo
08-12-2006, 08:30 AM

1. Brother Fax

uh it's from the hood yo?

CarbonCycles
08-12-2006, 09:07 AM
There are programs like e-fax that allows you to send and receive faxes, but I think you will need a scanner as well.

ergott
08-12-2006, 09:40 AM
no scanner atmo

Come on, scanners are cool.
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=164187&postcount=13

columbusslx
08-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Brother MFC-7820N. Laser printer, copier, fax and scanner. Best $$$ ever spent, got rid of 4 separate machines, even allows multiple machines to print, scan, fax off of it via the network, Mac + PC.

I know some folks who use the digital camera to create a "facsimilie" and then EFAX it if you want to go the budget route.

catulle
08-12-2006, 09:58 AM
All in the family...

08-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Sign up for e-fax (www.efax.com). Any document you can create on your computer, including any graphics, etc., you can simply send right from the computer file. If you need to add a signature, ask someone with a scanner to scan your signature and then you have a small TIF file that you simply insert as a piece of art wherever you want it (on a signature line, wherever). You can have someone scan a frame schematic and then add text boxes at will and save it with numbers attached -- everything on the computer. If you are starting with a piece of actual paper, you'll either need a flatbed scanner or a fax machine, or a printer that has a scanning function. Sounds like you want to avoid those. Efax also travels by e-mail so international faxes don't cost you big phone charges. Works very well.

stevep
08-12-2006, 02:03 PM
for $1,200 a month or a free frame you can use my fax for up to 3 faxes a month.
deal?
i have a fax machine that you can have atmo.
let me know how to get it to the wilds.
can give to sasha at green mt and you can pick it up in hamden.