PDA

View Full Version : Cross Bottom Bracket

alembical
08-11-2006, 06:43 PM
I am in need of a new bottom bracket for my cross bike, a single-speed Kelly with Race Face Cranks. Any suggestions for something durable, but not real expensive?

Thanks in advance, Alembical

Marburg
08-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Square taper or ISIS?

If it's square taper, just get a 3-pack of UN52s (or UN72s if you can still find 'em). Cheap at half the price.

shinomaster
08-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Use an old salami.

pdxmech13
08-12-2006, 12:36 AM
we all know that kippered jerky is the real thing :D

alembical
08-15-2006, 04:39 PM
One of the few times I was pretty sure I knew what was wrong with my bike... and of course I was wrong. Not bottom bracket at all... but my rear hub (Paul SS), which is currently being rebuilt. Next time, I am not even attempting to diagnosis the problem. Kind of like trying to find out where one of those annoying rattles is coming from... impossible.

Alembical

shinomaster
08-15-2006, 04:56 PM
I did a few races last year with a trashed BB. It didn't seem to hinder me at all....why ruin a new one?

alembical
08-15-2006, 05:10 PM
I love commuting in the morning on my ss through Forest Park. So nice and quite... but now, you should hear this thing... it is scary. Well, at least I don't come around a corner and surprise anyone. It does make me wonder if there is some loss in efficiency, though. I would assume so, but I don't really think I have perceived it. But the noise is driving me nuts and thus why it is being fixed.

Alembical