PDA

View Full Version : A swing....and a miss

Tickdoc
03-17-2017, 04:19 PM
Thought I scored some lake shoes off the bay. Nib, my size, trusted seller. There was a little confusion on the size....they had two sizes listed. I emailed the seller To clear up any confusion, they emailed back confirming they were indeed my size. I bought with buy it now...should've arrived yesterday.....didn't.

Email today says, sorry, they are. Ot the size listed, but two sizes too big. Wth?

They cancelled the order.

Pisses me off because I can't get lake shoes here, and these were new and more than half off list.

Cycling shoes are too expensive, imo. I paid $300 for my fiziks when they were new, and they have been great, but after two wrecks and too many miles they look like hammered dog$hit.

Oh well, rant over.

Cicli
03-17-2017, 04:29 PM
Bummer.

Do you have a photo of "hammered dog$hit" for reference?

Tickdoc
03-17-2017, 04:54 PM
Bummer.

Do you have a photo of "hammered dog$hit" for reference?

I can do that for you,...gimme a sec.

Tickdoc
03-17-2017, 04:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GIvsQs1l.jpg

Cicli
03-17-2017, 05:08 PM
Yep

JWDR
03-17-2017, 05:09 PM
Is TUL Tulsa International Airport, Transportationionale Universiteit Limburg or somewhere else? I do not know where you are but have a pair of fiziks like in your picture that I will let go for very little euro if that is the money you take.e

Tickdoc
03-17-2017, 05:18 PM
Is TUL Tulsa International Airport, Transportationionale Universiteit Limburg or somewhere else? I do not know where you are but have a pair of fiziks like in your picture that I will let go for very little euro if that is the money you take.e

it is in fact tulsa ;~(

bigbill
03-17-2017, 05:36 PM
Got a pair of Lake CX331 46.5 wide that didn't work for me. Looking to move them.

yarg
03-17-2017, 05:49 PM
If those are hammered dog $hit, then allegorically, I must be slipping my feet into the dog's colon that made them cause my sidi's look way way worse than those. I hope I used that big word correctly.

Tickdoc
03-17-2017, 06:19 PM
got a pair of lake cx331 46.5 wide that didn't work for me. Looking to move them.

43.5 ;~(

ultraman6970
03-17-2017, 06:29 PM
I like lake shoes aswell, the biggest problem as with everything I use is that nobody has anything I could buy from the store, with shoes or is spech, shimano or sidi... no way to find shoes but onlin and as the OP, have to wait for the right price and right size to show up and sometimes takes years...

Darn shoes are so freaking expensive.

BTW anybody knows how pearl izumi shoes fit compared to wide lakes???

Louis
03-17-2017, 07:03 PM
IMO those shoes look practically brand-new. At they're white - anything that color usually looks bad in a week or so. I would have zero problem using them even if they were filthy, as long as the structural integrity was not compromised.

pbarry
03-17-2017, 07:34 PM
Those aren't hammered until that square sole nubbin is worn all the way down and the carbon heel counter is shredded. :beer:

R3awak3n
03-17-2017, 07:38 PM
the white is not even dirty on those but I get it, you want new shoes :)

oldpotatoe
03-18-2017, 04:37 AM
Thought I scored some lake shoes off the bay. Nib, my size, trusted seller. There was a little confusion on the size....they had two sizes listed. I emailed the seller To clear up any confusion, they emailed back confirming they were indeed my size. I bought with buy it now...should've arrived yesterday.....didn't.

Email today says, sorry, they are. Ot the size listed, but two sizes too big. Wth?

They cancelled the order.

Pisses me off because I can't get lake shoes here, and these were new and more than half off list.

Cycling shoes are too expensive, imo. I paid $300 for my fiziks when they were new, and they have been great, but after two wrecks and too many miles they look like hammered dog$hit.

Oh well, rant over.

I hear ya brother. When my 'normal' sources of rims and hubs don't have what I need, I often 'resort' to the bay and amazon and have gotten the dreaded, 'sorry, the item you ordered is not in stock, payment refunded', more than once. Lazy resellers.

Latest was a company that sent a damaged rim, known to be damaged by the picker/packer(NO damage to box), then wouldn't send replacement until seeing the damaged one(in spite of 6 pictures), THEN lost the replacement(actually never sent it), then finally sent the replacement. 3 week dance, no offer of discounts or faster shipping. Meanwhile, I discounted the rear wheel by 30%. LAME!

Brands Cycling....stay away.