PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk leather cycling shoes

belopsky
03-17-2017, 06:17 AM
I know of Dromarti - anyone know how they fit? I have a wide foot.

Lake makes wide fitting shoes, some in full leather upper.

Any others? Looking for clipless.

gone
03-17-2017, 07:40 AM
With a wide foot, I'd go for the Lake's. I have a pair of Dromarti and they are, by far, the most comfortable pair of cycling shoes I own (and I own a lot of cycling shoes!). But I have large but relatively normal width feet. My only issue with the Dromarti's is I have the biggest ones they make (47D) and they're just that little bit too tight on long rides (60+ miles) on warm days when my feet swell.

I have several pairs of Lake's and am very happy with them. They're also very comfortable but the Dromarti's are like the finest pair of leather shoes you've ever owned, with a cleat. I just wish they made one size larger.

Greg

Bentley
03-17-2017, 08:09 AM
There is some guy on EBay, I think from Slovenia, that "makes" Dromarti look a likes. Price seems very fair and I think he can make them to "fit"

Ray

belopsky
03-17-2017, 08:13 AM
With a wide foot, I'd go for the Lake's. I have a pair of Dromarti and they are, by far, the most comfortable pair of cycling shoes I own (and I own a lot of cycling shoes!). But I have large but relatively normal width feet. My only issue with the Dromarti's is I have the biggest ones they make (47D) and they're just that little bit too tight on long rides (60+ miles) on warm days when my feet swell.

I have several pairs of Lake's and am very happy with them. They're also very comfortable but the Dromarti's are like the finest pair of leather shoes you've ever owned, with a cleat. I just wish they made one size larger.

Greg

Do the Dromarti fit D width like your regular shoes? I read the sizing info and they say to go +1 on the size which would be 10 or 10.5 (I'm a 9EE and 9.5D works OK)

ColonelJLloyd
03-17-2017, 08:15 AM
Just holding my buddy's Dromartis I can tell there is no way I'd be comfortable in them. They seem very narrow. Lake 46 W fit me well.

velofinds
03-17-2017, 08:29 AM
I'm aware of these but have no experience with either.

Vittoria: http://www.vittoria-shoes.com/categorie.php?id=5
Quoc: https://quocpham.com/products/night-black-leather?variant=33088174735

belopsky
03-17-2017, 08:32 AM
I really like leather in my regular shoes, and somewhat wanted a "buy it to last a long time" shoe, but having a Specialized dealer near-by is also appealing - I wonder what the warranties are like. (Not leather I know)

Too much of a gamble with Dromarti and Quoc...better made I think but..

Lake shoes I too would have to order, no one stocking those shoes near me antwhere

arazate
03-17-2017, 10:43 AM
There is some guy on EBay, I think from Slovenia, that "makes" Dromarti look a likes. Price seems very fair and I think he can make them to "fit"

Ray

Here is the link.....seems that a 48 cannot be had.

https://tinyurl.com/l3sba7v

belopsky
03-18-2017, 07:49 AM
Well I had a local S dealer order me a wide to try, but I am also looking at Lake..where's the best place to buy from?

parco
03-18-2017, 11:52 AM
I have a pair of Garne shoes that are made from Kangaroo hide. I've been using these shoes for about 20 years. They are still in great shape.

gone
03-18-2017, 01:01 PM
Do the Dromarti fit D width like your regular shoes? I read the sizing info and they say to go +1 on the size which would be 10 or 10.5 (I'm a 9EE and 9.5D works OK)

I'd have to say the Dromarti's have less volume overall than the Lake's so I don't think just going longer would work.

Greg

CNY rider
03-18-2017, 05:40 PM
I will add that I have narrow feet and the Dromarti's for me just perfectly.
Sorry OP.