PDA

View Full Version : NAHBS Winners pictures-bikerumor

sales guy
03-16-2017, 11:20 AM
Som great pictures of the NAHBS Salt Lake winners here. And yeah, I need to smile. I promise, it all had to do with the lights.

https://www.bikerumor.com/2017/03/16/nahbs-2017-overall-design-division-winners/

Web1111a
03-16-2017, 02:19 PM
which is the bike you won with

ColonelJLloyd
03-16-2017, 02:26 PM
You don't need to ride bikes to build them and you could be a vegetarian and make barbecue, I guess. Getting a look at some of the builders is funny.

Hilltopperny
03-16-2017, 04:02 PM
which is the bike you won with

The enigma was sales guys:beer:

pdmtong
03-16-2017, 05:22 PM
The enigma was sales guys:beer:

neither seems to be smiling. toooo serious! but, congrats!
https://gzmyu4ma9b-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/nahbs_awards-8-600x600.jpg

Hilltopperny
03-16-2017, 05:25 PM
neither seems to be smiling. toooo serious! but, congrats!
https://gzmyu4ma9b-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/nahbs_awards-8-600x600.jpg

He said they weren't aware that the photo was being taken yet and the light was off. Bad timing by the photographer.

sales guy
03-16-2017, 05:42 PM
He said they weren't aware that the photo was being taken yet and the light was off. Bad timing by the photographer.

The photographer said after we were done that he'd been having problems with the lights all day. And you can see it as I have a dark shadow on me VS the guy in the light colored shirt. We really weren't sure what was going on. And we were just talking and standing there and then he's like, we're done. I was like huh? And then he mentioned the lighting.

In the end it is what it is. It was cool to get the Presidents Choice Award. I'm already planning next years bike out. It'll be my size just to make sure it'll have a home. It will absolutely have Campy on it INCLUDING Campy Wheels! Long story on the reason for that.

But yeah, great show. Glad I went. Incredible to come away with Don's pick. Looking forward to Hartford.

Hilltopperny
03-16-2017, 06:02 PM
The photographer said after we were done that he'd been having problems with the lights all day. And you can see it as I have a dark shadow on me VS the guy in the light colored shirt. We really weren't sure what was going on. And we were just talking and standing there and then he's like, we're done. I was like huh? And then he mentioned the lighting.

In the end it is what it is. It was cool to get the Presidents Choice Award. I'm already planning next years bike out. It'll be my size just to make sure it'll have a home. It will absolutely have Campy on it INCLUDING Campy Wheels! Long story on the reason for that.

But yeah, great show. Glad I went. Incredible to come away with Don's pick. Looking forward to Hartford.
The enigma looks great! Congrats on the win:beer:

commonguy001
03-16-2017, 06:10 PM
That's pretty cool but yeah the lighting was jacked in some of those photos. Erik's bike doesn't even look purple in the first few.
He used to work at the shop I raced for a long time ago and I've seen a lot of his work in person. He's really an artist

Congrats on the President's award!

sales guy
03-16-2017, 06:31 PM
Yeah, you can tell which booth they used. There were two of them and I was in the one closest to the front of the house. The back booth, much better lighting. You can see it in the pictures. He said the lights weren't kicking off at the same time. And he said it'd been happening all day.

Thanks for the thanks. I was stoked that it was my personal bike that was chosen. I even mentioned it on stage. It was kind of funny everything that led up to the award. Like I said, LONG story. People that were there know the 411. Needless to say, I was super super pissed right before I was told we won something. I calmed down a lot till someone walked up and told me the only reason I didn't win something else was the wheels I had on the bike. So I got pissed again. It is what it is I guess. I know better for Hartford.

CSKeller
03-16-2017, 08:17 PM
That Enigma is gorgeous! Wish I could have gone to see it in person.

Great component choice...I love the colored derailleurs and crank!!!

Congrats again!!

sales guy
03-16-2017, 08:22 PM
That Enigma is gorgeous! Wish I could have gone to see it in person.

Great component choice...I love the colored derailleurs and crank!!!

Congrats again!!

Thanks. It was a massive surprise to win anything. Although, I had high hopes of winning the Campy Award given what we did. The #22 that won was really clean and nice. So i'm glad he won.