PDA

View Full Version : Serotta touch-up paint

victim
03-12-2017, 09:09 AM
I am looking for touch-up paint to match to my mid '90s Legend and Colorado. The Legend is Serotta red which I think is the same red that was used on the fit kit bikes and the red to yellow fade. The Colorado needs the purple in the purple to black fade.

I know this is a long shot but if any one knows of a source, please let me know

Thanks

ragamuffin
07-12-2017, 07:33 PM
Just reviving this to see if anyone might have any good suggestions. I'm local in Boston if that helps all (wondering if any of the local/painters might be able to help out), thanks!

monarchguy
07-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Had to match the paint on my '95 Eddy Merckx Strada, ended up taking it to NAPA. The woman running the paint counter took 2 days to make an exact match. I was amazed. Don't know if your local store would, but the on in Colonie, NY made it happen.

-- Dan

Hilltopperny
07-12-2017, 07:58 PM
Had to match the paint on my '95 Eddy Merckx Strada, ended up taking it to NAPA. The woman running the paint counter took 2 days to make an exact match. I was amazed. Don't know if your local store would, but the on in Colonie, NY made it happen.

-- Dan

How long ago? I have a bike I'd like to get some matching touch up paint from and am only an hour from Colonie.

Elefantino
07-12-2017, 08:07 PM
I am looking for touch-up paint to match to my mid '90s Legend and Colorado. The Legend is Serotta red which I think is the same red that was used on the fit kit bikes and the red to yellow fade. The Colorado needs the purple in the purple to black fade.

I know this is a long shot but if any one knows of a source, please let me know

Thanks
I have some Testor's that, while flat, matches the Serotta red. Let me know if you want it.

Ken Robb
07-12-2017, 09:46 PM
I have had good results for touch-up jobs using Testor's Model Paint and/or fingernail polish. They both come in small inexpensive bottles with built-in brushes and the liquid therein was designed to be brushed on as opposed to the original paint that was made to be sprayed on and therefore isn't too good for touch-up jobs using a brush.

ragamuffin
07-13-2017, 09:27 AM
@monarchguy: oh interesting, thanks for the heads up! there's one relatively close to me.

@Ken Robb: I was thinking about model paint but was worried about color matching if I were to order online. How did you go about making sure the color was right?