PDA

View Full Version : Help – How do I get commentary on Eurosport Player?

mjalder2
03-12-2017, 08:37 AM
Hi Paceline,

I signed up for Eurosport player and a VPN this year to watch races. Eurosport player is playing, but all I hear is the helicopter or motorbike, not any commentary. I can watch the same thing (in lower resolution) on tiz-cycling or one of the pirated steephill feeds, but kinda wish I could watch everything in HD on Eurosport since I'm paying for it. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks! :beer:

iPaul
03-12-2017, 09:12 AM
Same thing for me. If you watch the rebroadcast you get commentary. Not sure why it's not included.

mjalder2
03-12-2017, 09:28 AM
That's really strange. I have tiz-cycling running in the background to provide commentary. But now they aren't at the same place in the race. :/

MattTuck
03-12-2017, 09:34 AM
Usually, when this happens to me, it means that I clicked on a direct feed of the race, and not tuned into one of the Eurosport stations.

There is Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2. And then sometimes they'll also include a stream from the host broadcaster before their coverage starts on the normal Eurosport channel.

This would be the equivalent of CBS picking up coverage when the football game starts, while NFL network might include coverage of warm ups and stuff.

If you're not getting commentary, go to the menu and select Eurosport 1 or 2, whichever one the race is being broadcast on, and see if that works.

mjalder2
03-12-2017, 09:37 AM
Usually, when this happens to me, it means that I clicked on a direct feed of the race, and not tuned into one of the Eurosport stations.

There is Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2. And then sometimes they'll also include a stream from the host broadcaster before their coverage starts on the normal Eurosport channel.

This would be the equivalent of CBS picking up coverage when the football game starts, while NFL network might include coverage of warm ups and stuff.

If you're not getting commentary, go to the menu and select Eurosport 1 or 2, whichever one the race is being broadcast on, and see if that works.

Dude, that was totally it. This interface has perplexed me. Thanks for the easy solve!

:beer:

MattTuck
03-12-2017, 09:56 AM
Dude, that was totally it. This interface has perplexed me. Thanks for the easy solve!

:beer:

Yeah, it is a bit confusing and has happened to me before. Basically, it is a trap. Let's say the race coverage is going to begin at 9:30am, and you log on at 9:25 and see "Strade Bianche" as an option. So you click on that link, all excited. and then you realize after 25 minutes, "hey, the real coverage never started! I've just been getting the host broadcast stream."

It is nice they give you the option to pick up watching it before their official coverage, but wish they'd give you an alert "Hey! we're starting our official coverage over on Eurosport 2".

mjalder2
03-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Yeah, it is a bit confusing and has happened to me before. Basically, it is a trap. Let's say the race coverage is going to begin at 9:30am, and you log on at 9:25 and see "Strade Bianche" as an option. So you click on that link, all excited. and then you realize after 25 minutes, "hey, the real coverage never started! I've just been getting the host broadcast stream."

It is nice they give you the option to pick up watching it before their official coverage, but wish they'd give you an alert "Hey! we're starting our official coverage over on Eurosport 2".

Yeah, I contacted support and they just said I was watching a commercial-free event channel that was commentary free. No mention of this easy fix for something broadcasted on their flagship channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elefantino
03-12-2017, 10:09 AM
I always skip over to those feeds during the commercials.