PDA

View Full Version : Getting stan's out of your clothes

sandyrs
03-10-2017, 07:07 AM
Has anyone here had the misfortune of spilling stan's or orange seal on clothing made from tightly-woven fabric? It seems have to soaked in, then congealed, leaving a stain that won't come out in the wash. If this has happened to you, have you gotten it out and how?

And please leave the tubeless hate for literally anywhere but here. I don't want to hear it. Thanks!

jonc
03-10-2017, 07:10 AM
I have had this issue and have had no luck finding a solution. However, I put very little effort into it outside of standard washing with spot stain removers.

Richard
03-10-2017, 08:14 AM
If you've washed it already, it may be too late. Definitely too late it it has seen the dryer. Try rubbing petroleum jelly on the stain. Keep doing this until the cement rubs off. It removes the residue that has crept into the fabric. Then rub tide into it and blot it off. Then drizzle tide on it and brush it in. Finally, some stain remover laundry product and wash. Worked for me.

ColonelJLloyd
03-10-2017, 08:22 AM
Congratulations, my friend. You have now increased your shop rag supply.

sandyrs
03-10-2017, 08:24 AM
Congratulations, my friend. You have now increased your shop rag supply.

The stain isn't too bad and they're the pants I wear every single day so I'm looking at it more like the pants reflecting their history in their appearance (eyeroll), but I think my schedule for buying a new pair of pants did just get accelerated a bit.

Thanks for the input everyone.

ColonelJLloyd
03-10-2017, 08:28 AM
I have a 4 year old and 7 month old. I live in a perpetually soiled state.

Rock those pants, man.