PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Training - MultiMedia Applications

Splash
03-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Hello all.

Just curious to know what you guys are using these days for your multi-media interface with indoor training on the bike??

Projectors, TVs, APPs, etc?

I have a brand new unopened ATV4 atm.

I only use a mobile phone with TR atm, but thinking of expanding my interface experience with Sufferfest app, swift, etc..

Splash

justindcady
03-13-2017, 07:50 AM
I'm using The Sufferfest Training Center app on an iPad. The "DuoTrap" speed/cadence sensor on my Trek is Bluetooth sending, so that's how it communicates with the pad.

I've use the app since the beginning of the year. I love it. It's all of the things I loved about the videos turned up to "11". I no longer have to calculate by hand my wattage/speed based on the power curve of my "dumb" trainer. The app has it stored and I have a straight virtual wattage output figure and the RPE numbers are already done for me.

All workouts are stored and can be automatically exported to Strava/TrainingPeaks/etc.

unterhausen
03-13-2017, 12:05 PM
I guess picture in picture still exists. Maybe I should see if my trainer tv supports it. Putting trainerroad up in the netflix picture might be nice. Right now, I'm just using my phone, but it's not ideal. Ok, it would be ideal if I didn't sweat. Even putting the phone in a plastic bag is no guarantee.

djg21
03-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Hello all.

Just curious to know what you guys are using these days for your multi-media interface with indoor training on the bike??

Projectors, TVs, APPs, etc?

I have a brand new unopened ATV4 atm.

I only use a mobile phone with TR atm, but thinking of expanding my interface experience with Sufferfest app, swift, etc..

Splash

I use Apple AirPlay to mirror my laptop on my TV using an AppleTV. I use a Windows laptop, with AirParrot software, which allows mirroring. http://www.airsquirrels.com/airparrot/

Most of the time, I use my laptop display when I'm riding alone, which tends to be on Zwift these days. If I'm riding with someone else (we have 2 Computrainers), I'll throw in an Ergvideo and use Airplay.

Splash
03-17-2017, 11:21 AM
Many thanks for your replies.

any others?

Is there any lag With airplay and mirroring these days?

Splash

ceolwulf
03-17-2017, 11:26 AM
I keep it simple with Zwift on my iPad. Sometimes I'll have it on the big screen running of my computer though, have my 50" TV just connected directly to Mac Mini as a second monitor with an HDMI cable, simple and works perfect.

shovelhd
03-17-2017, 03:59 PM
Tacx Bushido Smart TDF
Core i3 laptop with HDMI out on orchestra stand
Garmin micro ANT+ dongle on Belkin 16' USB extender
28" HP monitor 3 feet in front of my face
HDTV receiver
19" HDTV display
DVD player
Gemini mixer
Yamaha powered speakers
Bluetooth earbuds
Dedicated trainer wheelset with Tacx Blue trainer tire
20" high velocity commercial fan

djg21
03-17-2017, 07:48 PM
Many thanks for your replies.

any others?

Is there any lag With airplay and mirroring these days?

Splash

I don't have any using AppleTV.

htwoopup
03-17-2017, 08:54 PM
3 separate ways of doing it based on what I have to work with in 3 different locations....

Trainer Road (used with Wahoo Kikr Snap) on iPad with Apple TV to regular TV. Or Trainer Road on Mac computer with Google Chrome streaming desktop to TV.

Tacx trainer with Tacx films to TV through PC (my personal fav).

Veloreality thru Mac running Windows via Bootcamp streaming to TV through Google Chrome casting desktop screen.

I have tried many many others, but all of the above work for me and I like them best (not a fan, in fact hate as it reminds me of pacman in the 70's, of the graphics in Zwift but it works on all of the above methods if you are into that program)