PDA

View Full Version : Stan's Avion rims--who makes 'em?

echelon_john
03-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Anybody know who makes the Avion rims for Stan's? I'm betting they contract the manufacturing out. They look nice; not stupid light.

??

sandyrs
03-09-2017, 01:26 PM
Who makes them as in which Taiwanese or Chinese factory produces them?

echelon_john
03-10-2017, 07:34 AM
Yes, if known! : )

Who makes them as in which Taiwanese or Chinese factory produces them?

Bentley
03-10-2017, 08:25 AM
My guess is that they are sourced under contract and that the work is likely subcontracted to small machine shops in China. I would suspect that given the number of rims that Stan's sells annually its not one of the bigger companies. Typically a run of items that might require 1 to 2K units a month would be sourced out on a delivery contract that would have a detailed list of specifications that would be "bid out" on a regular basis. That is likely "fill in" work for a shop so it ends up being very competitive and the middle man can make some handsome profits, of course that can cut both ways.

My point, I am not sure you will "find" the source of the rims, my guess is you might find who holds the delivery contract, but I am sure that this is not the guy that "makes em"

Best

Ray

ergott
03-10-2017, 09:05 AM
Last I knew, Sun made their rims. I don't know if anything changed with the MK3 rims.

MaraudingWalrus
03-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Not that Ergott's information needs seconding. However, I'll second it. Last I'd heard it was Sun....again, all things may change and change quickly.