PDA

View Full Version : Square seatpost options (Eddy Merckx)

Keith A
03-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Got a riding pal who recently was "fit" on his newish Eddie Merckx (not sure which model). We were discussing his new position on the bike, and the fitter has his saddle pushed pretty far forward and he could benefit from a non-setback seatpost. However, this EM has a squarish seatpost and I have no idea if there are any standards for these type of posts.

Looking on EM's website, I couldn't find any optional parts like seatposts. Does anyone know if there are any options for these type of seatposts?

icepick_trotsky
03-08-2017, 04:39 PM
Just for clarity -- like this one?

https://gzmyu4ma9b-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/2016-Eddy-Merckx-Mourenx-69-carbon-disc-brake-road-bike06.jpg

mktng
03-08-2017, 04:44 PM
dang. thats why I like traditional posts.

seems like the best option would be to email Eddy Merckx customer service with this request. Cant imagine them ONLY offering set back for their bikes with proprietary posts.

Best of luck!

Keith A
03-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Just for clarity -- like this one?
Yep, something like that...not sure if these are the same across their models or not.

dang. thats why I like traditional posts.

seems like the best option would be to email Eddy Merckx customer service with this request. Cant imagine them ONLY offering set back for their bikes with proprietary posts.

Best of luck!That's probably going to be his best option. BTW, no square seatposts for me either. What do you do if your square seatpost gets stuck? How are you going to try and rotate it to free it?