PDA

View Full Version : The Sweetest Sound

Jeff N.
03-08-2017, 11:04 AM
I ask you: When you're expecting a frame to be delivered on any given day, especially when you've been waiting over a year for completion, is there any sweeter sound as when the FEDEX or UPS truck pulls up in front of your house, puts on the brakes, and slides the door open to finally bring you the big box?

Mzilliox
03-08-2017, 11:09 AM
im waiting for that sound early next week. pics or it never happened;)

ColonelJLloyd
03-08-2017, 11:11 AM
It's good. Like knock-your-kid-down-getting-to-the-door good.

echelon_john
03-08-2017, 11:25 AM
How's that de-acquisition strategy going? ; )

I ask you: When you're expecting a frame to be delivered on any given day, especially when you've been waiting over a year for completion, is there any sweeter sound as when the FEDEX or UPS truck pulls up in front of your house, puts on the brakes, and slides the door open to finally bring you the big box?

Jeff N.
03-08-2017, 01:04 PM
How's that de-acquisition strategy going? ; )It's a Firefly...the last frame I ever buy...I swear. SWEAR!

tuscanyswe
03-08-2017, 01:25 PM
That was fast wasn't it? I feel like it was just recently we discussed head tubes for this one.

Do you have pics :) ?

Jeff N.
03-08-2017, 01:41 PM
13 months wait. Pics to follow.

DavidC
03-08-2017, 01:48 PM
Funny you post this today...about an hour ago I checked the tracking link for my new frame, shipped out Monday and expected next Monday, and it says Out for Delivery! Maybe I'll record the sound of UPS knocking for everyone ;)

Jeff N.
03-08-2017, 01:56 PM
Funny you post this today...about an hour ago I checked the tracking link for my new frame, shipped out Monday and expected next Monday, and it says Out for Delivery! Maybe I'll record the sound of UPS knocking for everyone ;)That's another thing, reading the "out for delivery" notice...a beautiful thing indeed! (That is, besides the big brown truck with its screeching brakes, the driver killing the engine, the door slamming open, him disappearing into the back of the vehicle temporarily, before emerging with a big box and asking for your signature. Yes...yes...YES!

echelon_john
03-08-2017, 02:08 PM
I meant to ask you to spec it a with a couple of cm taller HT and a 71.5 seat angle; that would be a big help later on. : )

It's a Firefly...the last frame I ever buy...I swear. SWEAR!

ptourkin
03-08-2017, 02:28 PM
It's a Firefly...the last frame I ever buy...I swear. SWEAR!

Nice!

Jeff N.
03-08-2017, 02:32 PM
I meant to ask you to spec it a with a couple of cm taller HT and a 71.5 seat angle; that would be a big help later on. : )72.5 STA 73.5 HTA, 4 degrees of slope, 59cm virtual TT length, 44mm HT diameter at 22cm length. Those are pretty much my numbers with everything these days.

Keith A
03-08-2017, 04:14 PM
13 months wait. Pics to follow.Looking forward to seeing your new ride.

weisan
03-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Jeff pal, the only sounds we can hear are the ones coming out of your garage -- the chest beating and wailing of both current and past concubines that you have kicked out of bed. They are crying for blood and coming after you in your dreams with sharp pointy objects...:help:

Holland
Richard Sachs
K.Bedford
Moots
Parlee
Eddy Merckx
Merlin
Serotta
Colnago

The list goes on and on...do I need to say more? :D

dustyrider
03-08-2017, 07:19 PM

Wait! You have them deliver the box to your house. I typically tell them I'll pick it up at the distribution center as soon as it arrives in my zipcode!

Nothing like a new bicycle.