PDA

View Full Version : Canti Front Brake Set-up

campy man
03-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Any thoughts on using a headset cable hanger vs fork mount cable hanger?

Seems like the cable routing is tight with the headset mounted hanger + fork mounted hanger minimizes shudder.

Burning Pines
03-06-2017, 06:52 PM
I've always preferred fork mount for shudder reduction especially with steel forks. I think problem solvers makes a nice one with a barrel adjuster. Also I think cable routing is nicer with fork mounted because you don't need to do a big loop next to the stem if you don't have spacers between it in the hanger.

DavidC
03-07-2017, 12:54 AM
I agree with fork mount for gebsame reasons. And I use the Problem Solvers one mentioned. Works great!

chiasticon
03-07-2017, 07:09 AM
I've had good luck with both. go fork if you have a hole there. if not, a stem or headset-mounted one isn't the end of the world. I've got the Paul version on two bikes, as the lowest spacer above the headset, and both are shudder-free. yes, the cable routing can be a little tight there, especially if you have very few spacers above it. but it will still work.

here's an example of one of mine (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=200967) where the routing is super tight but there's no shudder and braking power is great.