PDA

View Full Version : Q36.5 Bibs: Emperor's New Clothes?

taylor_walker
03-06-2017, 11:45 AM
So I took the plunge on two Q36.5 bibs: L1 Essential and Dottore. I like the the fit and compression a lot. Fabrics are clearly different than most Lycra based bibs I have, including Assos. However, I am experiencing a lot of noise when in the saddle on various bikes with the Q36.5 Essential and Dottore bibs -- like every pedal stroke there is noise which seems to be the result of friction or tension between the fabrics and the various saddles. Really annoying for me and anybody I am riding with! When I use bibs other than the Q36.5 on the same bikes and saddles, no noise. Anybody else experiencing this with Q36.5 Essential and Dottore?

Taylor
SF CA

FlashUNC
03-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Have both the essential and the dottore. No issues. I'm riding with Arione CX saddles though (and one Ti Flite).

What saddle are you using?

sandyrs
03-06-2017, 12:08 PM
So strange. Never had that with the L1 on a variety of saddles.

joosttx
03-06-2017, 01:23 PM
Try dieting. :) Kidding.

I wear those bibs pretty much exclusively and have not noticed what you are describing. The L1's material on the outside is a little more abrasive (not the best word choice) so I can imagine that they could make a noise if you thighs are rubbing against the saddle. With that said, I think this may be a bike fit issue more than a bib issue.

ptourkin
03-06-2017, 01:28 PM
When I first started wearing them I took note of the fact that they say it will take 10 rides or so to fully break them in and that held true. They're my goto endurance bibs now.

MattTuck
03-06-2017, 01:30 PM
How do bibs "break in"? I mean, this is not leather... it is lycra and foam, is it not?

That's interesting though, that it held true. They've got some crazy mojo over there.

batman1425
03-06-2017, 01:32 PM
noticed this with my verge bibs. After several years, still doing it. None of the others do. Likely has to do with any texture, however small, on the fabric.

joosttx
03-06-2017, 01:33 PM
How do bibs "break in"? I mean, this is not leather... it is lycra and foam, is it not?

That's interesting though, that it held true. They've got some crazy mojo over there.

It is true. It takes about 10 washes for them the break in. I thought is was a gimmick like an empty bottle guarantee. When you first get the L1's they are a little stiff. After about 10 washes they are more supple.

sparky33
03-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Recently started wearing the L1 Essential and the Miles Gregarious bibs - no noise or anything. I am really impressed with them, other than the $$$ price.

joosttx
03-06-2017, 01:57 PM
the gloves are pretty nice too. Note the hail on them and the jacket.

But I think their vest is their best product. The thing is amazingly versatile .

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/599/32458960233_41642bdaf8_b.jpg

sandyrs
03-06-2017, 01:59 PM
the gloves are pretty nice too. Note the hail on them and the jacket.

But I think their vest is their best product. The thing is amazingly versatile .

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/599/32458960233_41642bdaf8_b.jpg

Is that that new Shakedry Gore jacket? How is it? Crazy light?

ANAO
03-06-2017, 01:59 PM
These sound and look pretty nifty. I'd be keen to try them. Anybody know where I can pickup a pair at less than an arm, a leg, or both?

joosttx
03-06-2017, 02:02 PM
Is that that new Shakedry Gore jacket? How is it? Crazy light?

Yes, and it is awesome. Super cool, light and dry. It the best rain jacket I have used. Still not sure about its durability since I bought it in January.

joosttx
03-06-2017, 02:15 PM
These sound and look pretty nifty. I'd be keen to try them. Anybody know where I can pickup a pair at less than an arm, a leg, or both?

https://shop.abovecategorycycling.com/collections/men/products/q36-5-salopette-l1-essential-bib

ANAO
03-06-2017, 02:16 PM
My bib $$$ ceiling is 40% of that ^.

Climb01742
03-06-2017, 02:16 PM

Do what I did. Ask for them as a christmas/birthday gift.:beer:

FlashUNC
03-06-2017, 02:19 PM

As Houston said, totally legit. Dottores in particular took several rides to break in. But man, when they do....

joosttx
03-06-2017, 02:57 PM
My bib $$$ ceiling is 40% of that ^.

I recommend you raise the roof. :)

ANAO
03-06-2017, 02:59 PM
I recommend you raise the roof. :)

It's tough! Team gives me kit every year so I barely ride anything else anymore. I have a pair of TSH fleece bibs that are still in their bag, as well as a pair of Rapha bib tights in the same situation. Herd has gotten plump and padded.

bshell
03-06-2017, 03:42 PM
I have a new in box L1 essential salopette bib short in Large for $250 if anyone is interested. I think it was $325 after tax.

booglebug
03-06-2017, 04:23 PM
Once my L1 bibs were broken in, sold my Assos. Now own all 4 styles, not a fan of the vented, different pad. Have went through most major brands, these are the best by far for me but every butt is different.

kitsnob
03-07-2017, 10:13 PM
Used to be an ASSOS guy.. Now I'm a Q guy .. Have a lot of their kit from base layers to jerseys to the L1 vest to gloves (short/summer & long/winter) to knee & arm warmers and 2 pairs of Miles bibs .. Didn't care too much for the Dottore or Salopette (sold one here on PL & the other went on Flea bay)

Love the fit, finish and quality of the gear ... It is above ASSOS considering Luigi (founder of Q) was the ASSOS R&D guy for 20+ years until he decided to "do his own thing"
Chad's place (Above Catergory) is the US distributor and importer.
You can also buy direct from Q. https://www.q36-5.com/content/en-1/home-q36-5.html
At checkout they remove the VAT and if you order over $250 euro, they will DHL ship for FREE. Took me 3 days to get my order. If you order less, its $12 euro for regular mail and that can take approx. 10 days .. and I'm on the West Coast
Take the plunge and spend the $$ . You wont be disappointed.

But to really answer the OP question ... I never wore the L1 or Dottore so I can't comment but I have a riding buddy who did say he noticed some "sound" when he moved around in the saddle and he equated this to the material used in the higher dollar shorts (L1/Dottore) as opposed to the Miles.

bluesea
03-08-2017, 06:10 AM
Dottore or Essential for hot weather? Same sizing as Assos? How is leg length--longer, shorter?

ANAO
03-08-2017, 06:13 AM
Dottore or Essential for hot weather? Same sizing as Assos? How is leg length--longer, shorter?
Last night, I ordered the Essential from Swinnerton in the UK. Shipping was free. I sent a follow-up email this morning to see if they could put a rush on the package, as I'm leaving to cali 1 week from today.

Reply came that they were all out of the Essential and would happily send the vented or Dottore rush for the same cost. I chose Dottore.

I'm between the M and L in Rapha pro team and went with Medium. Hope I made the right choice or I'm going to have some slimming down to do.

bluesea
03-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Last night, I ordered the Essential from Swinnerton in the UK. Shipping was free. I sent a follow-up email this morning to see if they could put a rush on the package, as I'm leaving to cali 1 week from today.

Reply came that they were all out of the Essential and would happily send the vented or Dottore rush for the same cost. I chose Dottore.

I'm between the M and L in Rapha pro team and went with Medium. Hope I made the right choice or I'm going to have some slimming down to do.

Wow great prices and *very* tempting, although I've never heard of them or their reputation. Hmmm.

I'm decidedly a large, Assos sizing.

ANAO
03-08-2017, 07:53 AM
Wow great prices and *very* tempting, although I've never heard of them or their reputation. Hmmm.

I'm decidedly a large, Assos sizing.
I don't remember when but I have ordered from them in the past. They have an old address on file for me so sometime pre-2012. An email search turned up no results.

I do have my tracking number already though and customer service has been above and beyond so far.

sandyrs
03-08-2017, 08:42 AM

You should be fine- I definitively wear the XL in Pro Team bibs and have the L1s in L. I bet the XL would fit too but the L is totally comfortable on the bike.

booglebug
03-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Have ordered all of my Q36.5 bibs from Swinnerton, L1 and Miles are my favorite.

ANAO
03-08-2017, 08:45 AM
You should be fine- I definitively wear the XL in Pro Team bibs and have the L1s in L. I bet the XL would fit too but the L is totally comfortable on the bike.

I'm looking forward to wearing one bib for 5 rides and 350km over 6 days. Should be broken in by then.

Also Sandy, you're lean. I have a much more stout lower body than you.

bluesea
03-08-2017, 08:53 AM
I don't remember when but I have ordered from them in the past. They have an old address on file for me so sometime pre-2012. An email search turned up no results.

I do have my tracking number already though and customer service has been above and beyond so far.

Thanks again.

They are limited in stock at the moment. Just inquired whether that have the Dottore in black. Vented would seem a good choice for our sub-tropical climes, but I always question the longevity of such material which tend to "fuzz" out over time.

FlashUNC
03-08-2017, 09:34 AM

Used both in hot weather and been fine. Leg length is maybe a touch longer.

And buckle up for compression.

beeatnik
03-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Thanks again.

They are limited in stock at the moment. Just inquired whether that have the Dottore in black. Vented would seem a good choice for our sub-tropical climes, but I always question the longevity of such material which tend to "fuzz" out over time.

And they'll be even more limited soon, as they're violating their dealer's agreement with Q36-5. European "stockists" are not allowed to sell direct to American customers as Above Category is the exclusive North American distributor.

ojingoh
03-08-2017, 05:05 PM
And they'll be even more limited soon, as they're violating their dealer's agreement with Q36-5. European "stockists" are not allowed to sell direct to American customers as Above Category is the exclusive North American distributor.

Looks like it's the company's website.

jwess1234
03-08-2017, 06:40 PM
Fascinated to try these bibs at some point. Last of the top ends to go through before I decide on a favorite.

OP, maybe track/sprinter quadzillas are causing some rubbing? I would take that problem despite my hatred of bike noise...

booglebug
03-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Don't think you'll regret trying these. Assos are top of the line good stuff but I find these a notch higher. Again, l have found the L1 and Miles to be the best. The different pad in the Vented was not step up for me.

ANAO
03-09-2017, 07:43 AM
For anyone else considering ordering from Swinnerton, I put this order through Tuesday night. Here is current tracking status ~35 hours later (I live in New Jersey):

Newark, NJ, United States 03/09/2017 7:53 A.M. Departure Scan
03/09/2017 6:29 A.M. Import Scan
03/09/2017 5:30 A.M. Arrival Scan
Koeln, Germany 03/09/2017 3:00 A.M. Departure Scan
03/09/2017 12:37 A.M. Arrival Scan
Castle Donnington, United Kingdom 03/08/2017 10:25 P.M. Departure Scan
03/08/2017 9:06 P.M. Export Scan
03/08/2017 8:33 P.M. Arrival Scan
Stoke, United Kingdom 03/08/2017 7:30 P.M. Departure Scan
03/08/2017 2:53 P.M. Pickup Scan
United Kingdom 03/08/2017 6:51 A.M. (ET) Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Scheduled delivery is today, by end of day. So, 2 day international shipping.

teleguy57
03-09-2017, 08:33 AM
And buckle up for compression.

Can you say more about what that means for sizing? I've flirted with buying a pair, but at this pricing I want to be as on target as possible with sizing. Their sizing chart puts me squarely between XL and XXL (yup, clyde....)

LJohnny
03-09-2017, 09:28 AM
For anyone else considering ordering from Swinnerton, I put this order through Tuesday night. Here is current tracking status ~35 hours later (I live in New Jersey):

Newark, NJ, United States03/09/20177:53 A.M.Departure Scan
03/09/20176:29 A.M.Import Scan
03/09/20175:30 A.M.Arrival Scan
Koeln, Germany03/09/20173:00 A.M.Departure Scan
03/09/201712:37 A.M.Arrival Scan
Castle Donnington, United Kingdom03/08/201710:25 P.M.Departure Scan
03/08/20179:06 P.M.Export Scan
03/08/20178:33 P.M.Arrival Scan
Stoke, United Kingdom03/08/20177:30 P.M.Departure Scan
03/08/20172:53 P.M.Pickup Scan
United Kingdom03/08/20176:51 A.M. (ET)Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Scheduled delivery is today, by end of day. So, 2 day international shipping.

Oh, man they ship via UPS? Let us know how it goes with the fees.... there should not be any customs since it's cycling gear but they are known for placing fees, etc.

I will be on the same boat as I placed an order too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlashUNC
03-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Can you say more about what that means for sizing? I've flirted with buying a pair, but at this pricing I want to be as on target as possible with sizing. Their sizing chart puts me squarely between XL and XXL (yup, clyde....)

The Q36.5 I've used -- the essential and the dottore -- both are much more compressive than other bibs I've used recently (Rapha Classics, Pro Teams and Assos Unos/S5 fi.13s). The closest comparison is the Pro Teams, and its a little difficult to describe, but its not the usual "stuffed in a sausage casing" that comes with compressive shorts. Its there and you definitely feel it, especially the first few rides as the shorts begin to break in, but its far more uniform and consistent than what I've experienced with other brands.

But yes, at a minimum, the essentials and dottores are much more compressive than other shorts. The Rapha Classics feel like baggies by comparison.

Hank Scorpio
03-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Dang with all this new bib chat I wanted to try them as well. I have a bunch of Amazon credit but they won't let you use amazon dot com credit on amazon dot de.

joosttx
03-09-2017, 09:53 PM
When I rode Reno to Mendocino (375 miles with 30K climbing or so on gravel and asphalt) I brought a pair of Asso. I have to admit I never wore them. Instead, I opted to wear a very dirty L1 bib that I wore for 8hrs of riding the previous day. Flash that was probably what that smell was....

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8640/29408227524_d08d61b5f8_c.jpg

The guy who wore Asso got a Saddle sore. I was fine. Just some friendly ribbing.

FlashUNC
03-10-2017, 12:20 AM
Anybody who rides a Specialized with 4 functional gears deserves whatever happens to them.

ANAO
03-10-2017, 05:57 AM
Maybe I ordered the wrong size in the end. My "muscles" are rippling out through them. Man these things are TOIGHT. Ermmm...compressive. and longer than I expected.

They feel very shh shh shh smooth to the touch but I won't be able to address the OP until my first ride in them, Thursday when I land in cali. Sorry OP!

MattTuck
03-10-2017, 07:47 AM
When I rode Reno to Mendocino (375 miles with 30K climbing or so on gravel and asphalt) I brought a pair of Asso. I have to admit I never wore them. Instead, I opted to wear a very dirty L1 bib that I wore for 8hrs of riding the previous day. Flash that was probably what that smell was....

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8640/29408227524_d08d61b5f8_c.jpg

The guy who wore Asso got a Saddle sore. I was fine. Just some friendly ribbing.
Total thread drift;
Does anyone know why Oakley stopped making those sunglasses? I never picked up a pair when they were being made and now annoyed that none of their frames look as good.

kitsnob
03-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Maybe I ordered the wrong size in the end. My "muscles" are rippling out through them. Man these things are TOIGHT. Ermmm...compressive. and longer than I expected.

They feel very shh shh shh smooth to the touch but I won't be able to address the OP until my first ride in them, Thursday when I land in cali. Sorry OP!

Yes, they are VERY compressive ... So much so that when I ordered mine I had to "upsize" - in Assos I'm a Medium. With the Q, I HAD to go to a Large. Maybe it's an Italian thing but I have found that most "Made in Italy" bibs need to be upsized. Same thing with Italian shoes .. NO such thing as Wide (ee/eee) when it comes to Italian manufactured shoes!

ANAO
03-10-2017, 09:43 AM
Yes, they are VERY compressive ... So much so that when I ordered mine I had to "upsize" - in Assos I'm a Medium. With the Q, I HAD to go to a Large. Maybe it's an Italian thing but I have found that most "Made in Italy" bibs need to be upsized. Same thing with Italian shoes .. NO such thing as Wide (ee/eee) when it comes to Italian manufactured shoes!

Well I'm bringing them out west next week. Hope they don't cut off circulation!

metalheart
03-11-2017, 02:13 PM
I usually wear Rapha Classics (L) and I have a couple Assos S5 (L) and and S2 (L) that I also put into the rotation. I am curious about the Miles Q36.5 because of the price point, but is the real difference in fit and performance in the Dottore and Essential model bibs?

booglebug
03-11-2017, 06:48 PM
I usually wear Rapha Classics (L) and I have a couple Assos S5 (L) and and S2 (L) that I also put into the rotation. I am curious about the Miles Q36.5 because of the price point, but is the real difference in fit and performance in the Dottore and Essential model bibs?

I own all three styles, Miles will have a similar feel to the Assos. The Dottore and L1 are made from a different material and feel lite and disappear a little better
( if that makes sense) all have good compression and would have to say that I wear the Miles as much as the others. Swinnerton have these on sale at times so keep an eye out.

metalheart
03-11-2017, 09:30 PM
i own all three styles, miles will have a similar feel to the assos. The dottore and l1 are made from a different material and feel lite and disappear a little better
( if that makes sense) all have good compression and would have to say that i wear the miles as much as the others. Swinnerton have these on sale at times so keep an eye out.

thanks

ANAO
03-16-2017, 12:36 PM
So I took the plunge on two Q36.5 bibs: L1 Essential and Dottore. I like the the fit and compression a lot. Fabrics are clearly different than most Lycra based bibs I have, including Assos. However, I am experiencing a lot of noise when in the saddle on various bikes with the Q36.5 Essential and Dottore bibs -- like every pedal stroke there is noise which seems to be the result of friction or tension between the fabrics and the various saddles. Really annoying for me and anybody I am riding with! When I use bibs other than the Q36.5 on the same bikes and saddles, no noise. Anybody else experiencing this with Q36.5 Essential and Dottore?

Taylor
SF CA
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170316/fbf6990225c979f69d764329705e67ed.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170316/b34265688b39035b22dbcbb786679cf2.jpg

First ride done and bibs were silent. 70km through San Marcos so many options for varying terrain. Bibs heald up super - thanks for bringing them to my attention!

LJohnny
03-18-2017, 03:54 PM
A couple of rides on the Dottore. First the good: they are comfy, good fit, good compression, no noise on my set up. The bad: hate the straps, they bunch up and start digging on my shoulders. Maybe I need to get them just right, but so far I have tried unsuccessfully to do that.

Comparison-wise to Assos as they were mentioned before: The pads are just as good as the S7 Assos pad. Compression is a bit more than that of the Equipe, but not by much. The Campionissimo have way more compression than the Dottore.

So my personal opinion, at the prices you can get the Equipe for, that'd be my choice. If you can get your hands on a pair of Campionissimo on close out (in my experience ranging from $180-200 at time), then that is really a no-brainer for me, at least.

Also interestingly, our own Rodolfo's bibs are more compressive than the pair of Dottore bibs that I have, in my experience. Of course personal fit and all that, YMMV...

Punch line, iMHO, good product, however, similar or better choices out there at same or better prices.

sparky33
03-20-2017, 12:16 PM
I'm also liking other Q36.5 items: toe warmers, leg warmers & iphone case.
Keeping me very comfortable on today's chilly ride. The leg warmers extend way up and stay in place nicely. The iphone case closely fits an iphone 6 with a bumper case.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170320/8e08568e3d147d4e082f4a4ef18ecacb.jpg

LJohnny
03-20-2017, 12:17 PM
I am trying the zero gloves

Duende
03-20-2017, 01:04 PM
Thinking about the arm and knee warmers. Any reviews??

sparky33
03-20-2017, 01:17 PM
Thinking about the arm and knee warmers. Any reviews??

I have the knee warmers as well. Still too cold to use them here, but they have the same high-rise fit as the leg warmers so i expect they'll stay in place nicely. The material is the same as the leg warmer...they should be very comfortable when it's chilly.

FlashUNC
03-20-2017, 02:00 PM
The arm and leg warmers are the jam. Ergonomically shaped and all that jazz.

Duende
03-20-2017, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the advice!

The arm and leg warmers are the jam. Ergonomically shaped and all that jazz.

Which ones do you recommend? The Sun & Air or the Pre-Shaped?

ptourkin
03-20-2017, 02:40 PM
I have the knee warmers as well. Still too cold to use them here, but they have the same high-rise fit as the leg warmers so i expect they'll stay in place nicely. The material is the same as the leg warmer...they should be very comfortable when it's chilly.

Yep. Knee warmers are the best shaped for me I've ever had. They don't slip on me. The Intimo 2 base layer is also my favorite. Everything is well thought out. I don't expect to dislike anything.

FlashUNC
03-20-2017, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the advice!

Which ones do you recommend? The Sun & Air or the Pre-Shaped?

I go pre-shaped. I don't use the SPF blocker ones at all because they're not meant to insulate, and I've resigned myself to death by skin cancer.

Duende
03-20-2017, 04:23 PM
I go pre-shaped. I don't use the SPF blocker ones at all because they're not meant to insulate, and I've resigned myself to death by skin cancer.

Ha! On that note, having just turned 50... Ive now taken up wearing sun screen for the first time ever. What a PITA!

Necessary though... sun spots started appearing out of nowhere this year!

kitsnob
03-20-2017, 05:59 PM
Get the knee & arm warmers - the Pre shape.
No slip, stay in place, don't creep down ... Possibly the BEST set I've used in years ... and mine are 2 seasons old and still going strong..

I'm an Assos convert. Not surprising since Luigi spent 20+ years in R&D at that Swiss company.

Anything they manufacture and sell is top notch. Quality, fit, finish, materials and not to mention their customer service ...

Can't say enough good things about this company and their products!

LJohnny
03-31-2017, 06:14 AM
I bought a few more items. The winter gloves are good, the winter jacket is really well made, sizing more like Castelli uppers, meaning runs small.
The nicest items I've tried are the base layers, really good, much better than Assos base layers.

joosttx
03-31-2017, 07:41 AM
Best thing they make is their vest. Fits great, no flapping, very light and compacts easily, comfortable at an amazing wide temperature range. The base layers and bibs are the second best things they make and I think they are better than any thing out there.

LJohnny
03-31-2017, 04:30 PM
The bibs don't get the higher marks from me, ha ha, but so far I am impressed with the uppers.

HillDancer
03-31-2017, 05:18 PM
The bibs are designed for Ken dolls; no room for genitalia.

owly
04-01-2017, 05:47 AM
Any peeps who are using the longsleeve baselayers? Why are they so good?

Considering one, with the cooler months coming up. Currently using Rapha wool ones for the same conditions.

joosttx
04-01-2017, 01:38 PM
Any peeps who are using the longsleeve baselayers? Why are they so good?

Considering one, with the cooler months coming up. Currently using Rapha wool ones for the same conditions.

Light years better than Rapha's merino wool baselayer. But a lot of base layer are better than raphas wool ones

I like to travel in rapha's but not ride in them.

Heisenberg
04-26-2017, 06:11 PM
The bibs are designed for Ken dolls; no room for genitalia.

New Dottores have something akin to the KukuPenthouse - a suspended chamois. No more unsightly mooseknuckle!

PSA, AC just dumped pricing a fair bit: https://shop.abovecategorycycling.com/collections/q36-5

Lionel
04-26-2017, 06:49 PM
Anybody who rides a Specialized with 4 functional gears deserves whatever happens to them.

Right, it would have been 10 gears if some wannabe mechanics did not **** with it.

As for the Q36.5 bib or jersey they did not work for me.

joosttx
04-26-2017, 07:09 PM
Right, it would have been 10 gears if some wannabe mechanics did not **** with it.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8393/30019182516_a7fd4e3e2d_c.jpg

ANAO
04-26-2017, 07:35 PM

I feel like I'm missing key parts of the story.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

joosttx
04-26-2017, 07:41 PM

You are and be thankful that you do not know..... the horror.

Heisenberg
04-26-2017, 07:49 PM
You are and be thankful that you do not know..... the horror.

Of what, riding with Lionel?

joosttx
04-26-2017, 08:06 PM
Of what, riding with Lionel?

https://youtu.be/VKcAYMb5uk4

FlashUNC
04-26-2017, 08:16 PM

Lionel didn't want his bike fixed. That's really the extent of it.

HillDancer
04-26-2017, 09:14 PM
New Dottores have something akin to the KukuPenthouse - a suspended chamois...
Can you share an image or link?

ptourkin
04-27-2017, 03:03 PM
PSA for those who don't get the AC emails - price cut to reflect the down Euro.

bshell
04-27-2017, 05:16 PM
or they foresee a big Euro/Pound crash coming. Euro value is identical to when I bought my stuff from Above Category last summer yet it is discounted 20+% now. Actually, now that I look up the rate history I see that the Euro is slightly stronger than when I bought...

joosttx
04-27-2017, 07:49 PM
or they foresee a big Euro/Pound crash coming. Euro value is identical to when I bought my stuff from Above Category last summer yet it is discounted 20+% now. Actually, now that I look up the rate history I see that the Euro is slightly stronger than when I bought...

I don't they tightly peg it to the euro. But I am just guessing here.

bshell
04-28-2017, 12:03 AM
in their most recent email newsletter they linked the price reduction on their Q36.5 stock to the erosion of the British Pound and the Euro...

It's just a bit of sour grapes on my part because all of my items were "bought high". Plus, I was hoping to sell a NIB pair of bibs here by knocking $75 off purchase price. It's cheaper going retail now.

That said, everyone at AC that I interacted with was knowledgeable and super pleasant.

marciero
04-28-2017, 05:05 AM
Deep discount on the F1 Mille S5 at Excel. $138 with free shipping. Not the "suspended chamois" of the S7. Those also seem to turn up on sale from time to time.

Edit: As was mentioned in another thread...

LJohnny
11-20-2017, 07:29 PM
Got a Thermica jacket and after one ride the layers are separating. It shows as these 2 bubbles in the jacket. Disappointing to say the least in such an expensive piece...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171121/b152315c8ae2ae093dc162606e20e09b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sparky33
11-27-2017, 06:56 PM
just got a ride in my hi-viz orange Q365 L1 vest. I like it!
The cut is just right so that it fits trim over a cool weather jersey. The shoulders are cut-in a bit so that the vest does not bunch up while riding. The wind-resistant front and breathable back work great for cold rides. My only complaint is that there is not any hi-viz material on the lower back.

The price is $$$, but the execution is great.