PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick out some aero bars

Dr Luxurious
03-05-2017, 09:58 PM
I want some new aero bars for pursuit. My current Mavic bullhorn + TT clip-ons get major style points but I want to upgrade for masters' worlds.

There are like 27 bazillion kinds out there.
Where do I start?

Ronsonic
03-05-2017, 11:23 PM
So, if they fit and got style, what's to upgrade? :bike:

FlashUNC
03-05-2017, 11:27 PM
http://www.surfacehippy.info/scotttinley/scottonbike.jpg

Andy sti
03-05-2017, 11:42 PM
I went with with Zipp Vuka Carbon base bars and carbon extensions. Great because of the options you get. Straight, ski, and s bends plus all sort of riser options. I had one piece Uberhunds prior and I'm so happy since I switched.

Dr Luxurious
03-06-2017, 08:56 AM
I always envied Dave Scott's mustache - or is that Tinley?.

So, if they fit and got style, what's to upgrade? :bike:

they're a bit flexy and not super aero.

Zipp Vuka Carbon

I've looked at those - man they're expensive

cmbicycles
03-06-2017, 10:00 AM
If you have a shop nearby, or some buddies with different setups, go try some different bikes with aero bars on them. Figure out which extension shape suits you best, also get a feel for arm rest position and look at the adjustability each offers. I have Syntace C2 bars on my tri bike and would like to give the C3 a try as the angle is a little less for the hand extensions... but then I have to swap the base bar and stem to 31.8 and start fresh... oh wait trying new stuff is part of the fun .

Andy sti
03-06-2017, 02:43 PM
I've looked at those - man they're expensive

Look at the Vuka Bull base bar and carbon extensions. Still not cheap but way less than the Vuka Aero. I just saw a Vuka base in the Classifieds.

teleguy57
03-06-2017, 03:13 PM
http://www.surfacehippy.info/scotttinley/scottonbike.jpg

Wow, I had a set of those -- and on a road bike. Back in the day, or course. Can't believe I actually bent them back up and kept riding after my weight on the bars gradually bent them down.And also of course, lots of other "I'm surprised a didn't kill myself" stuff like Modolo Kronos composite (read plastic) brake levers that almost worked most of the time mounted up on the extensions.

But I was cooler back then than I am now.:beer:

GParkes
03-06-2017, 08:24 PM
I have a Vision Tri-Max cockpit I just took off my TT bike. It came on the bike, I don't care for the extensions. In very good condition if you're interested. PM if you would like details.