PDA

View Full Version : SOLDRodriguez Road bike

noonan1970
03-05-2017, 12:51 PM
This bike belongs to my wife. We bought it two summers ago from a friend who was not the original owner. We have it set up so she could ride some dirt roads but am including the road tires too.

It is a beautiful buttercup Yellow

Shimano 105 brakes shifters, levers,headset, and hubs
XT front derailleur
RX100 Triple crankset
Mavic rims, stem, and bars

TT center to center 51cm
St center to center 49cm 51.5 center to top
HT 95cm
seat height in the pictures is 66.5 cm

The bike is in overall good shape. It has some paint chips and the biggest paint chip is on the TT on the left side (scene in picture).
There is a minor dent right below the bolt for the seatpost (see picture)

$350 SOLD

noonan1970
03-13-2017, 09:19 AM
shipped

noonan1970
03-17-2017, 08:59 AM
shipped

eBAUMANN
03-17-2017, 01:51 PM
i came across a rodriguez on eBay a few years back by chance, had never heard of the builder before but the frame was clearly very nicely crafted...as is this one.

look past the logo on the downtube people, there is a level of skill and detail here that is not found in the production world.
really really nice looking frame, clean brazing and finish work, nice proportions...WELL worth the asking price.

good luck with the sale!

temeyone
03-17-2017, 03:03 PM
+2 for Rodriguez being an incredible builder. This bike is a complete steal at the price listed!

mhespenheide
03-17-2017, 03:54 PM
No need to look past the label on the DT. Rodriguez and Davidson are/were the two pillars of custom frames in the Seattle area for decades. They were known for their touring bikes in the 80's, but also do very nice work in tandems, road, mountain, custom, etc...

My wife doesn't even ride (yet?), and I'm tempted to pick this up for her.

ninjaman
03-17-2017, 05:35 PM
What's the standover height? And max tire clearance?

+1 for not 'looking past the label' -- Rodriguez are some of the best frame builders in America, and are extremely well-known, nothing remotely sub-par about them.

eBAUMANN
03-17-2017, 05:40 PM
What's the standover height? And max tire clearance?

+1 for not 'looking past the label' -- Rodriguez are some of the best frame builders in America, and are extremely well-known, nothing remotely sub-par about them.

All i meant was that most people (outside of the PNW perhaps) are not familiar...I certainly wasn't when I first saw one, but the quality of the work was evident.