PDA

View Full Version : Castelli Custom Sizing Advice

mtb_frk
03-05-2017, 07:28 AM
One of the groups I ride with is doing a one time only custom castelli order and everything I am reading says size up at least one size. I am looking at the the training jersey and the aero race bib shorts. Typically I wear large shorts and a xl jersey.
Does anyone know how the custom items fit compared regular stock items? Hopefully I can find somewhere around me to try it out.

wasfast
03-05-2017, 08:03 AM
The fit should be similar between standard and custom items. The advice to move up a size relative to other brands in general holds true in my experience.

Most larger custom clothing companies have a Fit Kit where they provide samples of the various sizes for you to try on. These are usually available from a company Rep and made available at a club "fit party" in the interest of time.

sun
03-05-2017, 09:43 AM
+1 on the above post. Sizing is the same as other Castelli pieces. They do have more race fit options like their Aero Race line, which does fit tighter, but it's supposed to.

mtb_frk
03-05-2017, 07:46 PM
Ok, thanks. Hopefully I can find somewhere local to try the stuff on. If not, up one size and hope it fits.

kgreene10
03-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Agree with the above. Our team has been using Castelli for the past three years. They typically send us testers to try on but the delivered garments do vary a bit in size from year to year and order to order. Nothing to be done about it.

Gummee
03-05-2017, 09:13 PM
IME if it's Rosso Corsa stuff, then yeah, size up if you're built like an American

Otherwise, same same

M

veloduffer
03-06-2017, 05:16 AM
As others noted, size up one. I have a fair amount of Castelli clothes and get XL for a snug fit, whereas I wear a Large in most other brands like Pearl Izumi and Capo. My build is 5'11" and 173 lbs.

Note that Castelli tops are cut for wearing on the bike. When you try them on standing up, they might feel too tight. But if you get in your bike riding position, it feels right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdmtong
03-06-2017, 01:38 PM
For the castelli I have (vanilla, moots) I am large in bibs and XL in jersey (shoulders, not gut) so the +1 was half accurate