PDA

View Full Version : Floyd's on TV right now

rwsaunders
08-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Turn on Ronny Deutsch on CNBC (10:30 pm EST)...Floyd's being interviewed as I write.

Steelman
08-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Turn on Ronny Deutsch on CNBC (10:30 pm EST)...Floyd's being interviewed as I write.

Has he been drinking? That is his crutch you know. Blames everything on Jack Daniels. :beer:

GoJavs
08-08-2006, 10:37 PM
He doesn't do very well on TV IMHO. And he's spending a LOT of time on TV these days. He needs to let his lawyers do their work and go train - like Tyler! :bike:

ShortRider
08-08-2006, 11:29 PM
He says he could have ingested something accidentally, the testosterone could be natural, or his sample could have been tampered with...

He says that there is a "misconception" about the synthetic testosterone, but it wasn't particularly convincing, as he didn't back it up or explain what the misconception is. He said he spoke to Lance Armstrong a few times since the whole dope thing came up, and that LA told him to keep "telling the truth."

He says he's not sure he'll spend "all his money" fighting the charges, but for now, he will keep fighting.

If I got anything wrong, please forgive me.

onekgguy
08-08-2006, 11:39 PM
On Leno he also brought up the idea that something could have happened with his urine sample after he gave it. In my line of work I get drug test on occasion and the sample is alway sealed in front of me so there is no way for it to be tampered with without it being known. I dunno.

Kevin

Avispa
08-08-2006, 11:52 PM
He says he could have ingested something accidentally, the testosterone could be natural, or his sample could have been tampered with...

He says that there is a "misconception" about the synthetic testosterone, but it wasn't particularly convincing, as he didn't back it up or explain what the misconception is. He said he spoke to Lance Armstrong a few times since the whole dope thing came up, and that LA told him to keep "telling the truth."

He says he's not sure he'll spend "all his money" fighting the charges, but for now, he will keep fighting....

Yeap,

One of the reasons I didn't tune in to watch, is because all I have read here... Sheeesh, I really like the Floyd as a rider, but I'd wish he just stops talking on TV.

He is really beginning to sound even worse than Tyler! How many more theories is he going to make up?

H1449-6
08-09-2006, 12:08 AM
I saw the Leno interview. Flandis looked kind of shifty. And I want to believe him.

Not sure the PR campaign is going to help him a whole lot. Hope I'm wrong.

Serpico
08-09-2006, 12:10 AM
Donny Deutsch on CNBC? wow, about the only way to reach a smaller audience would be to go back in time and appear on Dennis Miller and John McEnroe's (cancelled) TV shows

Needs Help
08-09-2006, 01:01 AM
lol.

Donny held his feet to the fire--it was good to see. He didn't let him off easy.

He says that there is a "misconception" about the synthetic testosterone, but it wasn't particularly convincing, as he didn't back it up or explain what the misconception is.
Floyd said the synthetic v. natural test is just like the testosterone-epi test in that it measures ratios of naturally occuring things in the body, and just like the testosterone test, there is a ratio that when surpassed is considered evidence that synthetic testosterone was introduced into the body.

He reiterated that in the original testosterone-epi test his absolute testosterone level was on the low side of the normal range, and that the epi was low--almost immeasurable, so for the UCI to say his testosterone was high is a lie.

His main point was that the UCI is continually violating its own rules, so someone must have a hidden agenda against him. As evidence, he said that the UCI said that they announced the results of the A sample before testing the B sample, in violation of their own rules, because they were afraid someone from the UCI might leak the result or someone from the lab might leak the result. Floyd said that the lab should only have been given id numbers on the samples, so it should not have been possible for them to know whose sample they were testing. If they did know, then the testing could have been biased, and therefore it should be invalid.

Donny replied that if he was on a jury, he wouldn't buy the argument that some disgruntled lab employee was out to get him, and he prompted Floyd to make another argument as to why he was innocent. Floyd responded by saying all the UCI announcements have been lies, and that he doesn't know why the test came back positive, but that he is getting frustrated with the UCI and all the lies they are telling, and he wonders why they are spreading false information about him instead of trying to discover the real reason why he tested positive.

End of interview.

I'm still waiting for Tyler and Floyd to go on the Today Show, and then have the hosts arrange for five experts at administering lie detector tests give the tests to Tyler and Floyd, and then ask them point blank:

1) Have you ever doped?

2) Did you dope in that particular race?

Climb01742
08-09-2006, 04:41 AM
a software millionaire + cycling fan from san diego has offered floyd $100,000 to take a lie detector test. an odd but interesting idea.

Ahneida Ride
08-09-2006, 07:55 AM
I saw the Leno Interview. :rolleyes:

Correct me if I am wrong .... But did Floyd out-rite deny taking a illegal substance? I did not hear a denial. :argue:

I find this puzzelling. :confused:

molly22
08-09-2006, 08:30 AM
nt

Big Dan
08-09-2006, 09:17 AM
It wasn't pretty..... :help:

saab2000
08-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Floyd is obviously not media saavy like Lance.

I would like to hear an outright denial too. Probably he has denied it.

The thing I find odd is that he tested before that stage and after that stage negative, but not on that stage. So what gives? Seems odd to me.

I want him to be cleared, but I don't think he will be. He should just come right out and say with absolute clarity that he didn't take it if he didn't take it. And if he did he should fess up.

chrisroph
08-09-2006, 09:44 AM
I saw the donny d thing and cam away with the impression that donny is an a-hole and floyd is being honest but is trying to play a role somewhat unconvincingly, ie he is really not being himself. I didn't hear him say he did not take anything although he has made that statement many times since the result was leaked. He tried to answer donny's questions rather than taking the political path of ignoring the question and saying whatever he wanted to convey.

I'd like to see a pdf file of the test results themselves so I could conclude for myself what they say. I'd also like to hear from more medical experts and endocrinologists as to what hormonal functions are involved, how those systems react to stage races, and what corticosteroid injenctions do to such systems. I'd like to hear more about the test itself. Is it in general use in the community? Is it generally considered accurate? Are the test results generally accepted in the scientific community?

All of this rampant speculation based on leaked information reported in the press turns my stomach. If you have ever been involved in any situation reported by the press, you certainly know that the press gets complex facts wrong most of the time. This leads me to believe that the facts being reported are at best woefully incomplete and at worst outright wrong.

I'm going to assume that floyd is innocent until he has a chance to make his case.

PanTerra
08-09-2006, 09:54 AM
Donny Deutsch on CNBC? wow, about the only way to reach a smaller audience would be to go back in time and appear on Dennis Miller and John McEnroe's (cancelled) TV shows

McEnroe had a TV show?

Grant McLean
08-09-2006, 09:55 AM
I saw the donny d thing and cam away with the impression that donny is an a-hole and floyd is being honest but is trying to play a role somewhat unconvincingly, ie he is really not being himself. I didn't hear him say he did not take anything although he has made that statement many times since the result was leaked. He tried to answer donny's questions rather than taking the political path of ignoring the question and saying whatever he wanted to convey.

I'd like to see a pdf file of the test results themselves so I could conclude for myself what they say. I'd also like to hear from more medical experts and endocrinologists as to what hormonal functions are involved, how those systems react to stage races, and what corticosteroid injenctions do to such systems. I'd like to hear more about the test itself. Is it in general use in the community? Is it generally considered accurate? Are the test results generally accepted in the scientific community?

All of this rampant speculation based on leaked information reported in the press turns my stomach. If you have ever been involved in any situation reported by the press, you certainly know that the press gets complex facts wrong most of the time. This leads me to believe that the facts being reported are at best woefully incomplete and at worst outright wrong.

I'm going to assume that floyd is innocent until he has a chance to make his case.

Very thoughtful post. i've love to know the answers.

It's been an interesting exercise following this story. It's makes you wonder
about all stories in the paper, are they all so loose with the facts?
I've lost count of the number of times i've read about his positive test
for "high testosterone".

g

Bud_E
08-09-2006, 10:52 AM
McEnroe had a TV show?

I was one of the 6 people in the country who watched his show ( I think on MSNBC ). I found it entertaining - he was able to make fun of himself and his interviews were sometimes awkward but good.... I was sorry to see it cancelled. Hell - he'd probably do a Landis interview worth watching.

....oh - and he was one of the most awesome tennis players I ever watched.

PanTerra
08-09-2006, 10:59 AM
I was one of the 6 people in the country who watched his show ( I think on MSNBC ). I found it entertaining - he was able to make fun of himself and his interviews were sometimes awkward but good.... I was sorry to see it cancelled. Hell - he'd probably do a Landis interview worth watching.

We need another Happy Gilmore of Tennis. He was fun to watch. Dennis Miller is great.

Serpico
08-09-2006, 03:15 PM

msnbc/cnbc has had a rough time lately

they had a phil donahue show (cancelled?) and even a alan keyes (complete LUNATIC, cancelled) show

I think their only "successful" show is chris matthews/hardball--which is difficult to watch

BBB
08-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Who is advising Landis to go on this PR blitz?

So far there have been a multitude of different explanations all bleated to the media which in my opinion just undercut his credibility.

At the end of the day the court of public opinion is going to count for very little. He ought just shut up and leave his defence in the hands of his legal team.