PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Threaded fork for a Ti Serotta

Jimbo
03-01-2017, 09:45 PM
Hello All:
I am looking for a quality carbon or possibly lugged steel fork for a 53cm Legend Ti. It needs to be 1" threaded steerer and have 43mm rake. Steerer should be at least 6" long and a little longer would be nice. It should also take minimum of 25mm tires and 28mm would be better. This is to replace a ~20 year old Time carbon fork that was on my wife's bike when we bought it. After 20years it seems like it might be a good idea to look for a replacement.
What do you have that might fit the bill? PM me with pics and asking price please.
Cheers,
Jim

Ken Robb
03-01-2017, 11:15 PM
Why couldn't you also use a 1" threadless fork? That would give you more options. My Legend had a 1" O2 all carbon fork and it rode very well. My CSi had a threaded 1" F1 fork that also rode very well but had less clearance and weighed more.

Jimbo
03-02-2017, 08:17 AM
Hi Ken:
I'd prefer to stay with threaded for the aesthetics of a quill stem. But yes, that's an option if I can't find a threaded fork.
Cheers,
Jim

Why couldn't you also use a 1" threadless fork? That would give you more options. My Legend had a 1" O2 all carbon fork and it rode very well. My CSi had a threaded 1" F1 fork that also rode very well but had less clearance and weighed more.

oldpotatoe
03-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Hello All:
I am looking for a quality carbon or possibly lugged steel fork for a 53cm Legend Ti. It needs to be 1" threaded steerer and have 43mm rake. Steerer should be at least 6" long and a little longer would be nice. It should also take minimum of 25mm tires and 28mm would be better. This is to replace a ~20 year old Time carbon fork that was on my wife's bike when we bought it. After 20years it seems like it might be a good idea to look for a replacement.
What do you have that might fit the bill? PM me with pics and asking price please.
Cheers,
Jim

If nothing here, might give Richard at Waterford a call. He made me a really nice steel fork..

www.waterfordbikes.com

Bwana
03-02-2017, 09:02 AM
Not really what you're looking for, but outside chance you might want it.

I have this fork I would sell, 1" threadless Serotta. http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=200459

Keith A
03-02-2017, 09:08 AM
I have a couple of threaded steel Serotta forks that should work for you. Let me know if you decide to go that route.

Black Dog
03-02-2017, 10:16 AM
I have a threaded Serotta carbon F1 fork that fits your description with the exception that it may not take some 25's and a 28 is a no go.

Jimbo
03-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Yeah, that was my concern with the F1. I had one some years ago and it would just barely clear Michelin 25s but any road grit would scrape the underside of the crown.
With the emphasis on low taxes here in Utah we get more and more roads refinished with chip-n-seal so wider tires are really nice.

I have a threaded Serotta carbon F1 fork that fits your description with the exception that it may not take some 25's and a 28 is a no go.

gregj
03-02-2017, 04:08 PM
If you do decide to go threadlrss, I have a like-new lugged crown 1" fork made for a Jitensha Ebisu road bike. Easily clears 28mm tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmradio516
03-02-2017, 04:20 PM
I have a yellow Serotta carbon 1" threaded fork with enough steerer but its in pretty rough shape..