PDA

View Full Version : Cambiago - Colnago Factory - Buy a C60 - anyone done it that way?

SuperColnago
03-01-2017, 09:34 PM
Looks like I'm going to be able to do a trip to Milan area, will do some riding via something like this http://www.stelvioexperience.it/climbs-tours

Thinking of visiting Colnago in Cambiago - Whats the drill on buying a frame there - is it cheaper, anyone done it?

Cheers

Kirk007
03-01-2017, 10:43 PM
I'm curious as well about this, and whether anyone has actually taken Colnago up on its advertisement that you can get a custom C60....

Polyglot
03-02-2017, 01:40 AM
It is not cheaper, they do not have any stock to speak of, so you would need to order in advance. If you don't order in advance, it wouldn't however surprise me if Ernesto would "borrow" an appropriate bike for you from one of his client's orders. It wouldn't be the first time.

A visit to Cambiago is worthwhile, but not really to buy a bike/frame

ntb1001
03-02-2017, 07:28 AM
I know someone who did that a few years ago. It wasn't the C60, I forget what model actually, but I remember that he loved the experience.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

El Chaba
03-02-2017, 07:53 AM
Just don't tell them that DeRosa sent you....A story has been told for some years that when a cutomer came in to DeRosa's shop with his own ideas of how he wanted a bike built-and the ideas were as often as not stupid- that DeRosa would tell him that he was pretty booked up....but that Colnago could accommodate him very well and send him on his way....

merckx
03-02-2017, 08:14 AM
If you insist on bringing a Colnago home with you, you should book a flight to China.

El Chaba
03-02-2017, 08:21 AM
If you insist on bringing a Colnago home with you, you should book a flight to China.

ouch...lol

SuperColnago
03-02-2017, 11:04 AM
ouch...lol
lol!

OperaLover
03-02-2017, 04:25 PM
I know someone who did it for c40 some years back. I can't recall the circumstances, but he was with someone else who had a connectin to Colnago. They flew in on a helicopter to the factory (guy was from $$$), got measureed by Ernesto and he received the frame a month or so later. Ernesto never once mentioned price and the guy was prepared for some sticker shock, but it was not outrageous. It was a sweet bike with custom paint and delivered with Dura Ace.