PDA

View Full Version : Ot ranieri sacked

wc1934
02-24-2017, 11:44 AM
WOW - that was a quick exit. I imagine he wont be unemployed very long -there are a few Serie A teams that could use him.

http://www.football-italia.net/98828/ranieri-my-dream-died

echappist
02-24-2017, 11:47 AM
this is getting a bit too Shakespearean

that said, i wonder if they signed the wrong players and managed to let the most important contributor from last year (Kante) go...

tuscanyswe
02-24-2017, 11:57 AM
Kante is def missed but imo they are not even close to in individual talent nor as a collective unit what they achieved last year. That was much more an overachievement than what this is an underachievement. A tough season was very expected i think.

goonster
02-24-2017, 01:13 PM
They were good enough to top their Champions League group, but the impact of a European tournament on a team like this is always underestimated.

BobC
02-24-2017, 01:24 PM
Interesting post-match interview with Schmeichel last week. He hemmed and hawed a lot about the situation. Seemed to indicate the players lost faith in the Tinkerer without openly saying it.

Stunning that essentially the same group of 11 (minus Kante) could go from best to worst in 6 months.

spinarelli
02-24-2017, 01:40 PM
You can only blame the coach so much. The players have to take accountability for their work effort on the field. All the main players got substantial pay raises and got lazy. They lost their hunger.
They are making a movie about them so this downfall will ad nicely to the story arc.

tuscanyswe
02-24-2017, 01:42 PM
Agreed, they may have lost a bit of hunger but its not like the quality in that team is anywhere near top of of the league quality imo. No way.
Also once they were found out it was expected for them to loose that hunger, guess thats what usually happens once the bubble bursts.

echappist
02-27-2017, 02:54 PM
well well... leading 2-0 at half time...

tuscanyswe
02-27-2017, 03:00 PM
deservingly so as well. Playing solid tonite.

BobC
02-27-2017, 08:15 PM
Where was that effort all season?

Seriously. What a clown show. I'd bench that entire starting 11 for the Champions league second leg. All that talent & they don't show up for almost the entire season.

If I were a Leicester season ticket holder, I'd be hot.

Louis
02-27-2017, 08:25 PM
I've often wondered how the concept of relegation would affect US major sports like, say, baseball.

It would be hard to implement in a sport like the NFL, since there aren't any real lower divisions (at least not officially, but we know that that's what big-time college football is).