PDA

View Full Version : Interview with doctor on WADA board

hmbmd
08-07-2006, 04:27 PM
I listened to a physician who is on the board of WADA this morning on the Mike and Mike show on ESPN. He pointed out several interesting things that I did not know before.

1. Even if Floyd proves that the Testosterone got into is body by sabotage, he still will lose his TDF title because he was still doped. What he can hope for is a reduction or elimination in his penalty time

2. Testosterone administered in small doses via cream can be eliminated from the body in a manner of hours and therefroe it is possible to have a normal test 48 hours later. The doctor did go on to say that this small dose of testosterone would have little effect on performance and is hard to understand why Floyd did use it, nonethelss, it was present and still labels him as a doper.

There was a statement by a Spanish physician in an article on velonews.com last week that did say that these small doses of steroid cream can aid recovery.

I still think that he did try a small dose gambling that he either would not win the stage and not be tested or hoping that he would test negative. A gamble that he lost