PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Atmo

atmo
08-07-2006, 03:22 PM
if floyd had finished 2nd or even 8th on stage 17 in the
company of several gc no-hopers, he may not have been
tested. all other things staying the same, he'd still be the
tdf victor atmo?

yeah - i know. if my uncle wore a bra he'd be my aunt.

it's a serious question since his only positive came after
the stage 17 win. thoughts?

J.Greene
08-07-2006, 04:07 PM
tdf victor atmo?

To expand on this. Periero didn't have to test after the TT, the stage in which he arguably pulled off his best ride.

JG

Big Dan
08-07-2006, 04:13 PM
We wouldn't know the advantages of getting hammered with Jack Daniels shots before a big race..........

:beer:

catulle
08-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Hmmm... I'll keep this thought present for next year. I mean, I'll make sure to get to Paris only in second place next year.

atmo
08-07-2006, 04:39 PM
it just doesn't make sense for the second guy to now
be first - etcetera - when there is no further testing atmo.
the sport is just shooting itself in the foot.

bshell
08-08-2006, 02:02 AM
How many times was Landis tested during this tour?

I was just thinking that it would be great to have at least one other sample of his to compare it to. Like anything from stages 1-16 and then a TT sample or Paris sample. I'm not up on the details and maybe this has already been discussed but I wouldn't like the idea of only 1 pee sample taken in a 3 week race and having it come back positive if I were a clean racer.

Landis got to be on the podium in Paris but it doesn't look like he'll ever get to fully enjoy his win, and if stripped of the win O.P. won't really get to enjoy his win either (no podium/fanfare in Paris, '06 TDF remembered as "that tour..."). It really IS a mess no matter the outcome.

On another note, since the look of the forum changed a little bit recently I can't find the link to "Reply" or "Post" or whatever. I keep using the "Quote" link and then erasing the text of the last poster. It's probably right in front of my face but I'm struggling... any help from y'all would be cool.

Thanks in advance.

Too Tall
08-08-2006, 06:40 AM
I long for days when rule of law was impartially metted out by fair denizens of REAL law...you know like the honorable Roy Bean. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Twizz - Even if he did not win the stage as the TDF leader infact wouldn't he still be tested? I guess not necessarily. What the he!! are the rules?

atmo
08-08-2006, 07:16 AM
I long for days when rule of law was impartially metted out by fair denizens of REAL law...you know like the honorable Roy Bean. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Twizz - Even if he did not win the stage as the TDF leader infact wouldn't he still be tested? I guess not necessarily. What the he!! are the rules?
but he wasn't the leader after that 17th stage atmo.
he got the jersey at the tt, no?

amper
08-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Exactly, Floyd probably did not plan on winning the stage but to get some time back up on GC. He trusted his doc’s to get all his blood values back to spec by stage 19, which they did. I’m sure his Doc’s had a good idea of what his levels were before the start. Maybe that’s why he announced to the peleton to grab a coke I’m taking off. It wasn’t a surprise attack; rumors are that he announced it, maybe trying to get someone to go with him. If every thing went as planed he would gain time, gift the stage, get the yellow in the TT, and his blood values would be back to normal. He dam well knows that the winner would get checked. But after gaining so much time he said, f this I feel great, I bet anger was another motivator to produce a ride of a lifetime. I’m superman but not really thinking straight. He was just too good on that stage. If he got second I don’t we would be talking about this. No conspiracy theory he gambled and lost. He must have know after crossing the finish line on stage 17 that he was screwed. He was just beaten by more meticulous dopers.

Too Tall
08-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Yep.
What compulsory tests are administered after each stage?

davep
08-08-2006, 09:21 AM
On another note, since the look of the forum changed a little bit recently I can't find the link to "Reply" or "Post" or whatever. I keep using the "Quote" link and then erasing the text of the last poster. It's probably right in front of my face but I'm struggling... any help from y'all would be cool.

Thanks in advance.

The Post Reply button is at the bottom of the last post in a thread, left side, not after each post.

Erik.Lazdins
08-08-2006, 09:30 AM
tdf victor atmo?

Indeed hypothetical but I've discussed this point with a few others. This is the 3rd Grand tour in a row with an * as a result. That hurts the sport and keeps the big sponsors from signing up.

It looked like Floyd was going for broke to gain time back all the way to the line. He is a smart guy and would have known a 2nd = no test - THIS SHOULD BE A BASIS OF HIS DEFENSE no ?

Thanks for reading!
Erik

fiamme red
08-08-2006, 09:31 AM
The Post Reply button is at the bottom of the last post in a thread, left side, not after each post.It's also at the top of each page in a thread.

ols
08-08-2006, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=atmo]if floyd had finished 2nd or even 8th on stage 17 in the
tested. QUOTE]

Is your scenario that FL finishes 2nd or 8th but he still finishes 7:08 ahead of Pereiro and Kloden and keeps a similar time gap to Sastre and Evans etc? I think it would be difficult to race for second but still hope to keep the sizeable time gaps he needed to move back up. Maybe if the T-mobile rider who was with him until the Joux Plane hadnt gotten dropped... it would have been interesting to see 2 riders going to the line and how that played out.

SoCalSteve
08-08-2006, 10:53 AM
tdf victor atmo?

I thought these EXACT thoughts as well. GMTA?

The bra thing is a whole different thought, atmo :banana:

Steve

bostondrunk
08-08-2006, 11:07 AM
Would anyone here care if this wasn't happening to Floyd, but instead was happening to some Columbian or Spanish rider???
I think you'd all be saying "yeah, he got what he deserved", instead of "the test must be flawed...blah blah.."...
:rolleyes:

obtuse
08-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Would anyone here care if this wasn't happening to Floyd, but instead was happening to some Columbian or Spanish rider???
I think you'd all be saying "yeah, he got what he deserved", instead of "the test must be flawed...blah blah.."...
:rolleyes:

i feel really bad for santi botero. he was having a good year and has never gotton the protection of being a team leader that his talent and palmares deserves. he was kicked out of the tour and the team because he was named in the puerto affair. he's on the list because he was a client of doctor fuentes when he was popped for the same thing floyd is being popped for now. fuentes got him off; but guilt by association.

obtuse

bshell
08-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Hey, thanks for the replies but there must be something wrong with my machine or something because there is nowhere to "post" at the beginning OR the end of the thread.

I've seen the button in the past and used it but ever since the new look it has disappeared. Thanks again for trying.

Too Tall
08-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Bshell - login man!

bshell
08-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Okay, who switched me over to "threaded mode"?

I got it all back to normal now, including "post" button, yeah!

atmo
08-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Is your scenario that FL finishes 2nd or 8th but he still finishes 7:08 ahead of Pereiro and Kloden and keeps a similar time gap to Sastre and Evans etc? I think it would be difficult to race for second but still hope to keep the sizeable time gaps he needed to move back up. Maybe if the T-mobile rider who was with him until the Joux Plane hadnt gotten dropped... it would have been interesting to see 2 riders going to the line and how that played out.

yeah - that's my hypothetical atmo.