PDA

View Full Version : if you need a cyclist to believe in..

swoop
08-07-2006, 02:35 PM
go believe in Saul Raisin. He is a good kid. We used to tease him about being too skinny to turn pro. I would bet my life on him being clean. And he would benefit from y'all believing in him.
http://saulraisin.com

get a bracelet too. spoo. sti sdrawkcab.

fiamme red
08-07-2006, 02:38 PM
I feel sorry for anyone who needs to believe in a pro cyclist.

swoop
08-07-2006, 02:44 PM
hmmm. yeah people suck. down with people. let's go throw some stones.
head injuries are for p***ies!

fiamme red
08-07-2006, 02:51 PM
hmmm. yeah people suck. down with people. let's go throw some stones.
head injuries are for p***ies!I wish Saul Raisin a full recovery. But how does he benefit from us "believing" in him?

swoop
08-07-2006, 03:04 PM
*sigh*
i guess we'll have to set an operational definition forthe word belief and then i can site the highly debated stats on 'belief networks and positive outcomes'...

or you can just take a breath and look at the intent here.. which is that a) whatever is going on with floyd isn't a morality issue it's a reality issue, b) that there are many places to focus one's energy and although less scintillating... saul is just now able to balance his bike on rollers but is still fighting to master his cognitions and very much is conscious of the good thoughts being sent him, c) most folks that are fans of cycling don't really comprehend the sport and are trying to make meaning out of information that they are only partially informed about, d) because of that many folks are throwing away the sport, d) that 'belief' is a basic psychological need, e) that here is a kid that is in the sport, that represents a lot of the sport, that would benefit from the collective experience of belief.

fstrthnu
08-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Saul Raisin RULES! IMHO

Fstrthnu

72gmc
08-07-2006, 03:07 PM
swoop did say "if."

i don't think it's a matter of saul or any one "star" benefiting from our belief. i think it's a matter of people in general feeling better in general when they can hope for a decent person's success--in recovering from injury, in winning atop ventoux, in whatever floats your personal boat.

i believe swoop is offering a positive alternative to the dominant cycling story. and i appreciate it.

now we need a gratuitous thread about why pro cyclists are still worth watching. with pictures of kimberly baldwin. please?

coylifut
08-07-2006, 03:30 PM
I wish Saul Raisin a full recovery. But how does he benefit from us "believing" in him?

i can assure you that your belief in him takes over when he doesn't believe in himself.

stevep
08-07-2006, 03:36 PM
now we need a gratuitous thread about why pro cyclists are still worth watching. with pictures of kimberly baldwin. please?

im sick of watching bike racing. im going to watch a sport where everyone is clean...american sports like baseball and football.

72gmc
08-07-2006, 03:39 PM
im sick of watching bike racing. im going to watch a sport where everyone is clean...american sports like baseball and football.

i can't give up just yet. i will continue to be a fan of cyclocross racing, where everyone is over the limit on red bull and burritos... and i will stand upwind.