PDA

View Full Version : Raleigh RXC tire selection

crimedog
02-20-2017, 10:33 PM
Hi all,

I just picked up a lightly used 2015 RXC disc for general duty and wanted to pick your brains about rubber. I was hoping to get a pair of Maxxis Re-Fuse 40c to run tubeless on the stock American Classic wheels (21mm internal width, tubeless ready) but I'm afraid that there's not going to be enough clearance in the back. I've measured the chainstay clearance at about 42mm, lots more between the seatstays and fork. They make a 32c version and there are other options of course but I was enamored by the extra cushion and reported durability.

I'll pick up some knobbier tires down the line when/if I find some gravel or god forbid try some cyclocross.

Any advice is appreciated.
:beer:

DavidC
02-20-2017, 10:43 PM
I don't know if this helps much, but I've used 23 mm and 25 mm Re-fuse tires extensively. They have been great! Long life with good flat protection and decent weight, especially for the price. I always recommend. Haven't tried them tubeless though....

crimedog
02-20-2017, 10:48 PM
I don't know if this helps much, but I've used 23 mm and 25 mm Re-fuse tires extensively. They have been great! Long life with good flat protection and decent weight, especially for the price. I always recommend. Haven't tried them tubeless though....

It seems like Maxxis built off that platform to create the larger tubeless tires:
http://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-511-re-fuse
Look pretty good to me.

I had a pair of pro4 endurance 25c on my Madone before I decided to give a CX bike a try instead, they were excellent too.