PDA

View Full Version : Lefty Oliver Source?

CheesyPastaBake
02-19-2017, 09:24 PM
Good tidings to all,

First off I would like to say hello to everyone as this is my first posting on the Paceline forum. I think I've chosen a slightly odd post to start with but here it goes.

I'm working on a fun project which I'm hoping will incorporate the Cannondale Lefty Oliver fork (this is the stock fork off the Cannondale Slate). This fork doesn't appear to be available as an aftermarket item and I was curious if anyone knew of a good channel to source this from?

I'm waiting to hear back from a local Cannondale dealer who has a good relationship with the company but understandably, they didn't seem too enamored to source it.

I own a 26" inch Lefty which I was toying with the idea of reducing the travel to 30mm and achieve the desired axle to crown height (similar to what Tim Johnson's early Super X Lefty prototypes seemed to be).

Thank you for any and all help as it will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Sparshall
02-20-2017, 07:08 AM
I saw one on eBay just a few days ago. They said it was new. Good luck and post when you get your Build completed!

Hank Scorpio
02-20-2017, 07:25 AM
I don't have any advice on sourcing the new forks but I don't see why your local couldn't help you with that.

If you decide to modify your old fork and aren't doing the work yourself I would highly Recommend Mendon Cyclesmith to do the modification. They are Lefty experts and are very reasonable. No relation to Mendon, I just received excellent service from them in the past.

http://www.mendoncyclesmith.com

happycampyer
02-20-2017, 07:33 AM
Funny you should post this. I have tried to source an Oliver fork for some time for a build as well. It seems that, for now at least, Cannondale doesn't want to make the fork available on an aftermarket basis. I'll be interested to see if you are able to source one.

CheesyPastaBake
02-20-2017, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the replies and I appreciate the advice.

I'll be sure to post the final iteration of the build, once I find an ideal fork setup.

I'll add some updates as well if I find a good avenue to track these down.

Cheers to all.