PDA

View Full Version : Unusual

circusbike
08-07-2006, 07:27 AM
So, does anyone think it is unusual that no real drug scnadals really stick to US postal/Discovery. The Lance stuff is just a mess but nothing has ever come of it, he will not be busted.
Once you leave the Postal/Disco umbrella you will be attacked and most likely found guilty. Let's do a recap and I will miss someone; Tyler Hamilton, Roberto Heras, Floyd, and what happened to Kevin Livingston - I can not remember.

The special Disco umbrella - you can never leave.

catulle
08-07-2006, 08:04 AM
So, does anyone think it is unusual that no real drug scnadals really stick to US postal/Discovery. The Lance stuff is just a mess but nothing has ever come of it, he will not be busted.
Once you leave the Postal/Disco umbrella you will be attacked and most likely found guilty. Let's do a recap and I will miss someone; Tyler Hamilton, Roberto Heras, Floyd, and what happened to Kevin Livingston - I can not remember.

The special Disco umbrella - you can never leave.

Discovery is a technologically advanced team.

sspielman
08-07-2006, 08:07 AM
I have maintained for a long timethat the drugging in pro cycling is protected by an immune system....the UCI, the team management, the riders all go along to get along. As long as the system is intact, nothing happens. However, when something or somebody compromises the system, there is always plenty of material to make a case from since EVERYONE is using PEDS. SOMEBODY at Phonak has ticked somebody off, because their immune system has been compromised for some years now...

Jason E
08-07-2006, 08:23 AM
I like how the owner of Phonak was not too upset by all the busts.

His take was that if it was not controversial, more big corporations would sponsor and it would cost more money.

His thought is that the controversy keeps the sponsorship dollar low, while at the same time he gets tremendous media exposure through the doping scandals. People know that Phonak is a hearing aid Manufacturer because of the media exposure the scandals elicit.

Hmmm. Maybe he is the Deepthroat that has ratted out his own riders for return of media exposure.

Maybe there are swiss bacnk accounts for Hamilton, Floyd, etc, to play the part of innocent in order to draw it out in the press for best dollar for dollar advertising...

Now THAT is conspiracy thinking. :rolleyes:

Ginger
08-07-2006, 09:23 AM
The guy is cheap. There are no Swiss bank accounts. But the rest of the story is plausible.

Serpico
08-07-2006, 09:23 AM

Now THAT is conspiracy thinking. :rolleyes:

see my sig--the truth is out there