colker
02-14-2017, 02:58 PM
Morons.

Red Tornado
02-14-2017, 03:00 PM
The part of road racing I don't miss.

MattTuck
02-14-2017, 03:05 PM
UCLA rider clips the curb to the right.... that looks like the proximal cause.

soulspinner
02-14-2017, 03:08 PM
The part of road racing I don't miss.

Its been a long time, and I don't miss this either.............:bike:

mavic1010
02-14-2017, 03:12 PM
That was at the Roger Milliken Race here in socal. Saw that video and that UCLA did take an aggressive/bad line into the corner and lost a little control. Doesn't surprise me that it was a UCLA rider, as I'm sure a USC rider wouldn't be as stupid.. :)

Sad part is, two guys go down hard...

azrider
02-14-2017, 03:22 PM
That UCLA should learn how to race his bike.

Clown.

nooneline
02-14-2017, 03:31 PM
the video doesn't show where the UCLA rider comes from - he's just suddenly there on the inside. in a bad place. but it's hard to tell if he divebombed, or if the rider in blue to his left chopped him a little bit.

either way, obviously there's a regrettable chain reaction.

54ny77
02-14-2017, 03:31 PM
must be a "[ ] studies:" major.

not very focused in academia or on the road.

ptourkin
02-14-2017, 03:50 PM
the video doesn't show where the UCLA rider comes from - he's just suddenly there on the inside. in a bad place. but it's hard to tell if he divebombed, or if the rider in blue to his left chopped him a little bit.

either way, obviously there's a regrettable chain reaction.

friends have posted another angle of this from the race on Instagram. He dove inside and panicked/straightened out in the turn where he started rubbing. All him.

coffeecake
02-14-2017, 03:56 PM
friends have posted another angle of this from the race on Instagram. He divebombed.

Could you share the clip? Thanks.

JasonF
02-14-2017, 04:02 PM
Doesn't surprise me that it was a UCLA rider, as I'm sure a USC rider wouldn't be as stupid.. :)

As a proud Trojan parent I approve this post.

mktng
02-14-2017, 04:07 PM
Yea. Would love to see another clip of this. He went in with arms out ready to elbow other riders. Didn't skip a beat after taking two other rides out. Jeeeez

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

beeatnik
02-14-2017, 04:09 PM
must be a "[ ] studies:" major.

not very focused in academia or on the road.

UCLA doesn't have fake majors. In fact, there's no undergrad business or journalism major.

Go Bruins.

snips....Doesn't surprise me that it was a UCLA rider, as I'm sure a USC rider wouldn't be as stupid.. :)

Of course, SC has to resort to stealing that intellectual capital from...UCLA (and UCSD and Berkeley)
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/may/10/local/la-me-0510-usc-ucla-brain-research-20130510

echappist
02-14-2017, 04:35 PM
UCLA rider clips the curb to the right.... that looks like the proximal cause.
nope. the UCLA rider's right leg was up through the entirety of the turn

That was at the Roger Milliken Race here in socal. Saw that video and that UCLA did take an aggressive/bad line into the corner and lost a little control. Doesn't surprise me that it was a UCLA rider, as I'm sure a USC rider wouldn't be as stupid.. :)

i don't think that's what happened. The UCLA rider in question doesn't come into the screen until he approaches the turn. At the the beginning of the clip, you see only his teammate. The UCLA rider, then, was following his teammate on the inside.

I'd say the SBW rider was more at fault. At the beginning of the clip, he appears to be behind the rider with blue helmet and yellow strip on leg bands. However, the SBW rider wasn't really following any wheels and was trying to squeeze into space, before a turn, no less. In effect trying to dive underneath the rider with blue helmet. It looks like he initiated contact by going into where there wasn't space.

Also, *** is the SBW rider doing cornering on the hoods...

Mark McM
02-14-2017, 04:43 PM

Its hard to tell from the perspective of this video, but it looks to me like it was little bit of both. In the seconds leading up to the corner, it looks like the group drifts a bit to the outside (to the left), as is normal when setting up for a corner. It appears that the rider in blue (SBW?) attempts to move up in the group by shooting through the space created on the inside, and pass other riders who had drifted outside. Perhaps the UCLA rider sees the same space, and also attempts to move up in this space.

But the extra space on the inside leading up to a turn is only momentary - when the group enters the turn, it will arc toward the inside, closing down that space (and squeezing anyone foolish enough to try to shoot through it). It looks like the group might have left enough space for one rider to shoot through the inside, but not two.

In hindsight, the rider in blue should have looked over his right shoulder to see if anyone else was trying to shoot through the inside, before cutting right. And the UCLA rider should have immediately halted his advance as soon as he saw a rider ahead was (or could be) moving to the inside.

I'll admit I've done my share of shooting up the inside before a turn. But I always scope out an open spot in the group and merge in before the turn actually begins, rather than trying to shoot through apex and hoping I don't get squeezed.

Jgrooms
02-14-2017, 04:58 PM
No goddamn reason to be throwing those elbows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ptourkin
02-14-2017, 05:25 PM
Having a hard time retracing my Instagram. Here is one:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQb6D1KANoK/

another? https://www.instagram.com/p/BQb34BRjWF8/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQb6b7xjFGn/

Sorry if any are repeats. The middle one has some accounts of it from the race. I think 1 and 3 are the same.

You see him on the inside and straightening up. He didn't really dive in just changed his line.

echappist
02-14-2017, 05:53 PM
Having a hard time retracing my Instagram. Here is one:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQb6D1KANoK/

another? https://www.instagram.com/p/BQb34BRjWF8/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQb6b7xjFGn/

Sorry if any are repeats. The middle one has some accounts of it from the race. I think 1 and 3 are the same.

You see him on the inside and straightening up. He didn't really dive in just changed his line.

what a cluster of a race. the racer recording the first video did an even more egregious inside maneuver and ended up just behind the UCLA rider.

the UCLA rider appeared to have been parked on the inside of the SBW rider for a good while. The SBW rider's severe lean inward threw off the UCLA rider, causing the latter to overcorrect and change the line.

What i don't get is how all the contacts of the SBW rider appear not to assign any fault at all to the SBW rider

Black Dog
02-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Look at who is pushing riders away with their left arms when they panic and pucker, and you will see who causes guys to go down. Enough blame to cover two riders here. If those arms stayed on the handle bars then they could have bumped and bounced without a pileup. Actual riding skills are rare now, as is the ability to remain calm and work a problem and not panic.

rando
02-14-2017, 06:05 PM
Thanks for taking the time to post all of those. Inexperienced kids making moves unfortunately resulted in a teachable moment.

The experienced adults here making $#!+ posts needn't have proved their lack of sportsmanship or taste.

Macadamia
02-14-2017, 06:07 PM
why, back in my day!

mavic1010
02-14-2017, 06:08 PM
Just stealing intellectual capital to further the USC students from making stupid decisions...doesn't seem like the students across town were capable of absorbing such education.....

alright..enough USC/UCLA banter...I'm not even that invested in that...cuz everyone knows the real rivalry is Michigan/Ohio State....in football that is....

Go Blue!
M Grad...

colker
02-14-2017, 06:08 PM
Look at who is pushing riders away with their left arms when they panic and pucker, and you will see who causes guys to go down. Enough blame to cover two riders here. If those arms stayed on the handle bars then they could have bumped and bounced without a pileup. Actual riding skills are rare now, as is the ability to remain calm and work a problem and not panic.

This.

mavic1010
02-14-2017, 06:14 PM
The elbows flying is actually "taught" by a few. I'll leave it at that.

kevinvc
02-14-2017, 07:48 PM
And this is why I won't race on pavement.
1. I would rather crash at 15mph in the mud than 25 on asphalt
2. I don't have the bike handling skills to ensure I don't cause innocent others to crash on asphalt

I've been in Cat 3 cross races where someone tries to throw elbows or dive corners without a line. They are inevitably jeered and chastised by both spectators and teammates.

I know my limits, I stay in my lane.

josephr
02-14-2017, 08:00 PM
alright..enough USC/UCLA banter...I'm not even that invested in that...cuz everyone knows the real rivalry is Michigan/Ohio State....in football that is....

after Clemson's clobbering of the Buckeyes, surprised Urban Meyer isn't having a one-on-one with his doctor about his heart condition. :help:

Roll Tide/War Eagle...
Joe

peanutgallery
02-14-2017, 08:21 PM
So.....

How do you tell the difference between an Alabama grad and an Auburn grad?

after Clemson's clobbering of the Buckeyes, surprised Urban Meyer isn't having a one-on-one with his doctor about his heart condition. :help:

Roll Tide/War Eagle...
Joe

huck*this
02-14-2017, 08:39 PM
My thoughts.... UCLA guy tried the inside line. SBW rider came up on him as he apex and spooked him throwing up his elbow and leg to keep balance.

UCLA - Not a strong rider + nerves = Carnage.

SBW - poor line choice but stronger rider.

Live and learn.

josephr
02-14-2017, 08:45 PM
So.....

How do you tell the difference between an Alabama grad and an Auburn grad?

how many alabama fans does it take to change a lightbulb? 80,001....1 to change the bulb, 80,000 to talk about how great the old lightbulb was. :rolleyes:

peanutgallery
02-14-2017, 08:52 PM
Being a Georgia grad it's a little more simple than that. One wears green camo to special occasions and the other wears orange camo

how many alabama fans does it take to change a lightbulb? 80,001....1 to change the bulb, 80,000 to talk about how great the old lightbulb was. :rolleyes:

bob heinatz
02-14-2017, 10:55 PM
That is why I don't race.

nate2351
02-15-2017, 12:35 AM
I feel that early season races are always a bit more neurotic that racing in the summer months. That being said I've raced some SoCal cat 3 crits and they are bonkers.

josephr
02-16-2017, 11:45 AM
Being a Georgia grad it's a little more simple than that. One wears green camo to special occasions and the other wears orange camo

let me know when GA's next 'blackout' jersey game will be....those seem to turn out well. :rolleyes:

TEMPLE
02-16-2017, 12:03 PM
Also, *** is the SBW rider doing cornering on the hoods...

Is that wrong? I'm thinking of trying some of this style of racing (local club, and I will just ride for fun and fitness) and during my Googling around for tips and strategies, I've come across people who say cornering on the hoods is OK, and others who say no. So I still don't know what to do. I like the idea of cornering on the hoods for visibility because (just being honest here), I'll likely start in the middle of the pack and go off the back pretty quickly. I won't ever have great sight lines, in other words.

Mark McM
02-16-2017, 12:18 PM
Is that wrong? I'm thinking of trying some of this style of racing (local club, and I will just ride for fun and fitness) and during my Googling around for tips and strategies, I've come across people who say cornering on the hoods is OK, and others who say no. So I still don't know what to do. I like the idea of cornering on the hoods for visibility because (just being honest here), I'll likely start in the middle of the pack and go off the back pretty quickly. I won't ever have great sight lines, in other words.

It is usually preferred to ride in the drops when cornering very fast or in a very tight group. Riding in the hoods usually gives a rider better leverage on the handlebars, plus it is easier to "defend" the handlebars from being bumped or hooked. (Being able to control a bike requires that that the rider have control over the front wheel - and since the handelbars are rigidly attached to the front wheel, you can't control the front wheel without being able to control the handlebars.)

At slower speeds or in looser packs, there's nothing wrong with being on the hoods.

William
02-16-2017, 12:28 PM
Hard to tell for sure, but it looks like Mr. UCLA started into the corner, and then for some reason pulled back for a moment straightening his line which put him into the rider on his left. I wonder if the rider on the left bumped/touched him and he overreacted losing his line?

Reminds me of my first race as a Cat 3….District Criterium Championship. I moved from a 5 to a three at the end of my first season and the Championship was a combined 1-2-3 field. It was a big group moving around the Gresham Crit course. In the last couple of laps things were heating up, a small group of four or five riders had managed to break off the front and by that point it became obvious the rest of the peloton wasn’t going to catch them. Even then people were trying to move up to the front of the group, going into a corner some guy goes careening like a pinball bouncing off people as he’s trying to move up. He bounces off of me but I was able to keep myself up and not move into anyone else. I was seeing red so I start trying to catch the guy. As I moved up to the front he was getting sucked back down the other side, but now I found myself on the front coming out of the last corner and one of my teammates is right behind me screaming “GO GO GO!!!” One dog leg in the road and then the finish line. I ended up beating the rest of the group over the line (yeah I know). A top ten finish in my first race as a 3 in a 1-2-3 field…all because one guy pissed me off for riding like as Asshat.

Probably one of the worst crashes I remember was a field sprint at P.I.R. and someone in the group, running full speed elbow to elbow, broke a chain and caused a big wipe out. A few people got a ride to the hospital in that one.

That said, I always liked racing in Crits. Always exciting, fast corners, multiple sprints (primes), Strategy, jockeying for position, rubbing elbows, guts and glory...and yes, sometimes pain.

William

echappist
02-16-2017, 12:50 PM
It is usually preferred to ride in the drops when cornering very fast or in a very tight group. Riding in the hoods usually gives a rider better leverage on the handlebars, plus it is easier to "defend" the handlebars from being bumped or hooked. (Being able to control a bike requires that that the rider have control over the front wheel - and since the handelbars are rigidly attached to the front wheel, you can't control the front wheel without being able to control the handlebars.)

At slower speeds or in looser packs, there's nothing wrong with being on the hoods.
assuming you meant drops here, agreed
Hard to tell for sure, but it looks like Mr. UCLA started into the corner, and then for some reason pulled back for a moment straightening his line which put him into the rider on his left. I wonder if the rider on the left bumped/touched him and he overreacted losing his line?

that's my sense of it. SBW rider found no place to go (trying to go 3 abreast when there's space for only 2.5 riders would do that) and bumped UCLA rider. While the SBW rider went looking for space where there isn't any, the bump (to UCLA rider )didn't appear serious and unrecoverable. The UCLA rider freaked out more than he ought to, as evidenced by the unclipping, which contributed to his bike swerving left and back into SBW rider. SBW rider got aggressive with his elbows (when it wasn't necessary) and bumped into others.

this footage seems to show the above: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQb6D1KANoK/

William
02-16-2017, 01:24 PM
that's my sense of it. SBW rider found no place to go (trying to go 3 abreast when there's space for only 2.5 riders would do that) and bumped UCLA rider. While the SBW rider went looking for space where there isn't any, the bump (to UCLA rider )didn't appear serious and unrecoverable. The UCLA rider freaked out more than he ought to, as evidenced by the unclipping, which contributed to his bike swerving left and back into SBW rider. SBW rider got aggressive with his elbows (when it wasn't necessary) and bumped into others.

this footage seems to show the above: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQb6D1KANoK/

Looking at it frame by frame, it does look to me exactly like that. It would have been tight but had he held his line I think they both would have made it. Instead you can hear him yelling "Inside inside!!" and they touch, and he shifts his weight - note the right knee starting to move out as he starts to lean left which brings him upright moving to the left. Imo, had he leaned into the turn and held his line he could use his elbow to brace and still follow the line. The key there is not to freak out when someone touches you in tight like that...which it appears he did.

William

William
02-16-2017, 02:14 PM
The elbows flying is actually "taught" by a few. I'll leave it at that.

Even the Pros have been known to get into a little Argie-Bargie... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1JtMpBiSWQ

William

Mark McM
02-16-2017, 02:16 PM
assuming you meant drops here, agreed

Oops! Yes, that's what I meant. As usual, my fingers typed faster than my brain.

msl819
02-16-2017, 02:24 PM
Even the Pros have been known to get into a little Argie-Bargie... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1JtMpBiSWQ

William

Argie-bargie.... boys will be boys! Rubbin is racing, right? One of the reasons that I don't race. At least the pros have substantial money on the line. Nothing of the sort in local races.

William
02-16-2017, 02:45 PM
Argie-bargie.... boys will be boys! Rubbin is racing, right? One of the reasons that I don't race. At least the pros have substantial money on the line. Nothing of the sort in local races.

In local races its just because you like to race. No one wants to go down ever. I won't say that there aren't guys who willingly throw elbows, but it's rare. There will be contact in Crits and bunch sprints. The key is to work on bike handling skills and learn not to freak out when there is contact. Our team used to have regular clinics that focused on handling skills: one exercise being how corner leaning on each other, or how to maintain your line with someone else leaning on you. You learn how to remain calm and hold your line, and stay upright when contact happens.

I agree, its not for everyone, but I enjoyed it.

William

redir
02-16-2017, 02:55 PM
He had plenty of room, he just panicked. Probably hit the front brake which would have made his bike go more upright and changed his line. The guy with the camera behind him however made a perfectly safe move and in fact passed a good portion of the field in one shot.

benb
02-16-2017, 02:58 PM
All those guys had significant money on the line, look at the bikes they are throwing down on the road!

They just haven't realized the prizes are worthless for winning!

David Tollefson
02-16-2017, 03:11 PM
I've come across people who say cornering on the hoods is OK, and others who say no.

I'll just throw out my thoughts...

It's a situational thing, and not about cornering vs. not. In a road race, things mellow or at least not hammer-down, hoods. In a crit, in the pack at all, drops. It's not about leverage, it's about protection and power. The only two safe positions relative to another rider beside you are elbow-to-elbow and elbow-to-hip. Anything else is a danger and needs to be remedied post haste. Further, in a group when the gettin' is gettin' real, the elbows should be slightly flared and LOOSE. Flared to act like cat's whiskers, loose to absorb any incidental contact.

If your position is such that you can't sustain hands in the drops, you need either position work or flexibility work.

William
02-16-2017, 03:41 PM

It's a situational thing, and not about cornering vs. not. In a road race, things mellow or at least not hammer-down, hoods. In a crit, in the pack at all, drops. It's not about leverage, it's about protection and power. The only two safe positions relative to another rider beside you are elbow-to-elbow and elbow-to-hip. Anything else is a danger and needs to be remedied post haste. Further, in a group when the gettin' is gettin' real, the elbows should be slightly flared and LOOSE. Flared to act like cat's whiskers, loose to absorb any incidental contact.

If your position is such that you can't sustain hands in the drops, you need either position work or flexibility work.

Yup. :)

William

Mark McM
02-16-2017, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=David Tollefson;2127276]The only two safe positions relative to another rider beside you are elbow-to-elbow and elbow-to-hip. Anything else is a danger and needs to be remedied post haste.QUOTE]

^^^^ this. Especially when entering a corner.

When setting up for a corner, you should take a look around to see how the other riders are lined up around you. Especially if you are in the inside of the turn, you don't want to be a wheel behind the rider just to the outside - you need to line up next to the outside rider, or if that's not possible, drop back behind them. When you're on the inside line, half-wheeling behind an adjacent rider is a sure recipe for getting chopped at the apex.

echappist
02-16-2017, 04:36 PM

this

When setting up for a corner, you should take a look around to see how the other riders are lined up around you. Especially if you are in the inside of the turn, you don't want to be a wheel behind the rider just to the outside - you need to line up next to the outside rider, or if that's not possible, drop back behind them. When you're on the inside line, half-wheeling behind an adjacent rider is a sure recipe for getting chopped at the apex.

and this

shovelhd
02-16-2017, 05:01 PM
I'm a little guy who raced mostly crits. The closer the race got to the last lap, the wider my elbows splayed out. Gotta protect your turf. I could get really narrow once the hole opened up. If you yelled "inside", I'd move to the inside, so don't yell. Most likely I knew you were there anyway. Doesn't mean I was going to let you by.

Mike V
02-16-2017, 05:24 PM

Not to change the subject but it reminded me of a great friend.

It's nice to see Roger Millikan's name still in cycling in SoCal. He was a mentor of mine. He taught me a lot about cycling and life in general. I worked many years with him at that race that now has his name. He was a great father, teammate and an asset the SoCal cycling. Sadly lost to cancer!

DRietz
02-16-2017, 10:26 PM
Know the kid.

Not surprised.

On another note, love that course. The incline before the finishing straight suits me perfectly.

nooneline
02-17-2017, 07:34 AM
I'm a little guy who raced mostly crits. The closer the race got to the last lap, the wider my elbows splayed out. Gotta protect your turf. I could get really narrow once the hole opened up. If you yelled "inside", I'd move to the inside, so don't yell. Most likely I knew you were there anyway. Doesn't mean I was going to let you by.

Same - low and with my elbows wide when I need 'em.

I've raced in an area with a lot of big, tall riders - as well as without a *ton* of race density, so people race against the same fields on the same courses, or just don't have very regular racing. I speculated that it lowered riders' overall experience.

And I noticed that a lot of riders would throw their body around a little more than I was used to. Nothing super aggressive, but, as R Kelly said, "I don't see nothing wrong with a little bump and grind."

But the funny thing is, I always feel safer as a little guy going elbow to elbow with somebody a lot bigger. If they try to lean, me *raising* my elbow is going to be a lot worse for them (unweighting one side of their body) than it is for me. I'm surprised that more big people don't realize that it's *bad* to have contact with somebody who can get their weight underneath yours.

William
02-17-2017, 07:39 AM
Same - low and with my elbows wide when I need 'em.

I've raced in an area with a lot of big, tall riders - as well as without a *ton* of race density, so people race against the same fields on the same courses, or just don't have very regular racing. I speculated that it lowered riders' overall experience.

And I noticed that a lot of riders would throw their body around a little more than I was used to. Nothing super aggressive, but, as R Kelly said, "I don't see nothing wrong with a little bump and grind."

But the funny thing is, I always feel safer as a little guy going elbow to elbow with somebody a lot bigger. If they try to lean, me *raising* my elbow is going to be a lot worse for them (unweighting one side of their body) than it is for me. I'm surprised that more big people don't realize that it's *bad* to have contact with somebody who can get their weight underneath yours.

In your case: Anatomy & physics = lower COG. :)

William

benb
02-17-2017, 08:54 AM
Lots of good advice.. another one is practicing that whole thing of steering into the rider who bumps you instead of away from the rider who bumps you. When someone hits you your bike naturally moves away from them, if you steer away from them you overcorrect and generally cause a crash like this. If you steer into them you end up straight up again approximately back at your original spacing..

I would say I wasn't always great about making sure I was in the drops to protect myself, but being good at steering into the person who bumped me really served me well. Especially when I was a Cat 5 I was involved in a bunch of incidents where I was hit and I didn't crash, unfortunately the other rider often crashing... usually these were people who half wheeled me as mentioned above, and then they hit my rear wheel with their front wheel mid corner. In general if you're doing the hitting with the front wheel you're in big trouble. I am still really really paranoid and vocal about people half wheeling in a pack. You'll often hear people complaining after these incidents but if you're hitting someone from behind when they can't see you it's no one's fault but your own. No one is going to give you a line when they don't even know you're half wheeling them.

shovelhd
02-17-2017, 12:03 PM

I used that tactic all the time. The other thing about being small is that if you hit me hard, I bounced, ahead of you. Thanks.

carpediemracing
02-17-2017, 07:52 PM
First time I had a chance to read through stuff.

For me, 100% UCLA rider's fault. He balked at a key moment in the corner, leaned out/left, found no support as the other rider moved away a touch, and lost it. UCLA rider didn't commit to holding his line and tried to back out.

Even if he had contact from the outside he should have been fine.

Same could be said for the guy to UCLA's left (SBW).

Really though if one of the two riders reacted properly nothing would have happened.

I didn't see any divebombing. Just someone in the lane that was ending and he didn't react to the lane ending, just rode along until he squeezed into the rider next to him.

Also, HOODS. Jeepers. If you can deal with bumps and such from the hoods, fine. Ditto not wearing gloves in a crit. But in general being on the drops is much more stable, offers much more control.

It may be that if you need time off then you should corner on the hoods so that you can crash and break your collarbone so you get some enforced time off that might lead to a national title. But I think the rider I'm thinking of would have won nationals without the crash. I was next to him when he crashed, the rider in front of us rolled a tire and crashed, a bike bounced off my neck, but I was okay and the much better rider on the hoods broke his collarbone after running into the bike and losing his bars. I wonder if he'd have stayed upright had he been on the drops, either by avoiding the bike/rider altogether (like I did, except for the bounce) or by being able to control his bike even with significant impact to him or his bike.

In another place someone posted a vid of his national class experienced racer friend crashing hard on a descent. He hit something, his hands went over his hoods, making him lose his grip, bars twisted, bam. My first response was, okay, that fact that he's national class makes it even more significant that he couldn't control his bike on the descent because he was on the hoods. On the drops he wouldn't have lost the bars quite so easily if at all.

Steelman
02-17-2017, 08:03 PM
Santa Barbara Road Race 2017, Cat 3 - Final Sprint Crash

Was this posted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0XrrLkDMoQ

HenryA
02-17-2017, 08:07 PM
The guy in the light blue skinsuit needs a good long talking to about how to ride. Maybe thrown off the team if he can't grasp the consequences of his actions. Doing what he did is extremely dangerous. I spent a week in the hospital caused by a similar jackass move.

(I refer to the OP video)

djdj
02-18-2017, 02:30 PM
I didn't realize there were so many ex-pro riders on this board. Or so many Chuck Norris pretenders.

Aaron O
02-18-2017, 02:37 PM
Cat 3 carnage:

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad205/aolk67/Cats/4FAE78DD-EF83-4906-8243-BA5E8F08992B-4520-0000031EF1A749A8_zps9781193b.jpg (http://s936.photobucket.com/user/aolk67/media/Cats/4FAE78DD-EF83-4906-8243-BA5E8F08992B-4520-0000031EF1A749A8_zps9781193b.jpg.html)

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad205/aolk67/Cats/650D98EA-B476-4A78-8644-BD6D146B4735_zpsfjwxq439.jpg (http://s936.photobucket.com/user/aolk67/media/Cats/650D98EA-B476-4A78-8644-BD6D146B4735_zpsfjwxq439.jpg.html)

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad205/aolk67/Cats/60E7CE5D-190A-4857-AD71-B1D143C5717A_zpsxee3jnfd.jpg (http://s936.photobucket.com/user/aolk67/media/Cats/60E7CE5D-190A-4857-AD71-B1D143C5717A_zpsxee3jnfd.jpg.html)

William
02-19-2017, 12:11 PM
I didn't realize there were so many ex-pro riders on this board. Or so many Chuck Norris pretenders.

Chuck would take down the whole peloton at once with a flick of his elbow...at the start. :bike:

William

carpediemracing
02-19-2017, 07:43 PM
My cat 3 picture. Bella (tabby), Riley (female, to the right), Hal (male, to the left). Siblings, feral. We've had them 8 or 9 years now. They have 4 buddies in the house:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TbmplkIYLx8/SP5n_OoUWBI/AAAAAAAABKw/BCgAexpM004/s800/100_3718.JPG