PDA

View Full Version : e-RICHIE Believes Floyd Atmo

atmo
08-05-2006, 05:22 PM
speechless here.

i just can't see how/why floyd would take a pro-active
approach to dope when he supposedly doped. it makes
no sense, dope-wise or testosterone-wise, and it contradicts
all his other test results from this year's tdf.

i'm fixated on my p.o.v. that the 16th was not as bad as
it may have looked on camera, and i also think the 17th
was heroic but not impossible.

there's an interesting (to me...) text at the coach's site (http://www.visionquestcoaching.com/index.cfm)
and i'll paste some of it here:
Jul 20, 2006 - Stage 16
Afterthoughts...

The stage was something no one would have ever expected. Floyd lost not only the yellow jersey today, but also his chance to win this year’s Tour de France. Floyd looked fine over the first mountain, but during the second climb over the Col de la Croix-de-Fer, he looked a little under his norm. Floyd made no excuses today and lost over eight minutes in the final fifteen kilometers. I have not spoken to him since the end of the stage, but I can tell you that he will not only be back next year but he will be back to make the winner of this years tour de France earn it by racing his *** off on tomorrows las climbing stage. I believe he can win tomorrow as well as the TT on Saturday. Todays detonation is not the end of the world by any means, in fact- This is only the beginning!!!

ada@prorider.or
08-05-2006, 05:38 PM
the problem is that they where never inside the tour it
selve

atmo
08-05-2006, 05:39 PM
the problem is that they where never inside the tour it
selve
who is they?

ada@prorider.or
08-05-2006, 05:47 PM
who is they?
the other one´s

stevep
08-05-2006, 05:48 PM
speechless here.

![/I]

i thought the 16th was worse that it looked. he dropped like a stone.
i expected an old lady with a baguette in her basket to pass him he was going so slow.
all bs aside. i dont believe he could come back from this collapse.

Johny
08-05-2006, 05:49 PM
...it contradicts

What is the other results?

08-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Share your view, e-Richie. Here was a guy at the end of Stage 16 who was out of contention but had the story, the excuse, and also the guts to come back next year and win big time. He knew he'd be tested, he isn't stupid, and he'd end up not a popular hero but a scumbag if he used drugs. What was the percentage in it for him? He had to make a decision to use drugs before the beginning of the 17th stage. What coach would have supported such a decision, and what street-smart rider would have attempted it? It just doesn't make sense. The tests are all relative ones that can't measure an absolute presence or absence of a pharmaceutical, but only determine whether the amount present (C-13 or epitestosterone) is above or below a certain level. I wouldn't want to be tried in that court, even without considering the information leaks, the conflicts of interest, the lack of due process and lack of controls on samples and testing protocols.

Cycling is in big trouble, and not just because the public will be dissuaded from following it or sponsors will be dissuaded from financing it. Who wants to be a pro rider these days? Masters' track worlds is coming up, and one of the questions I keep hearing is whether they will institute drug testing this year. No one trusts the testing.

atmo
08-05-2006, 05:52 PM
What is the other results?
his other test results atmo.

Zard
08-05-2006, 05:53 PM
The presumption is that there is something wrong.

I hope he is exonerated.

Unfortunately, it will take many many months, the victory will be forever tainted and then we will only be left with more questions than a definitive answer.

atmo
08-05-2006, 05:55 PM
i thought the 16th was worse that it looked. he dropped like a stone.
i expected an old lady with a baguette in her basket to pass him he was going so slow.
all bs aside. i dont believe he could come back from this collapse.
he dropped with 10k to go.
he was the y.j.
he was in the lead group.
he had no teammates.
when he succumbed, he rode in alone until axel came up.

it was not as if he lost 40 minutes, needed a stretcher,
or came in 115th.

stevep
08-05-2006, 06:06 PM
yeah, his team was on vacation, but still . there was no attack. he just could not hold the pace...and to lose a minute per k is pretty bad to hopeless... axel was dropped at the beginning of the climb and he finally caught up w/ floyd.
he is now a trivia question in the future.
who was the only tour de france winner ( so far ) to be stripped of the title? who ended up with the win?

fiamme red
08-05-2006, 06:22 PM
who was the only tour de france winner ( so far ) to be stripped of the title? who ended up with the win?1904, won by Maurice Garin, who was disqualified later that year along with the #2-4 finishers, and the victory was given to 5th-placed 20-year-old Henri Cornet.

SoCalSteve
08-05-2006, 06:33 PM
speechless here.

i just can't see how/why floyd would take a pro-active
approach to dope when he supposedly doped. it makes
no sense, dope-wise or testosterone-wise, and it contradicts

there's an interesting (to me...) text at the coach's site (http://www.visionquestcoaching.com/index.cfm)
and i'll paste some of it here:
Jul 20, 2006 - Stage 16
Afterthoughts...

The stage was something no one would have ever expected. Floyd lost not only the yellow jersey today, but also his chance to win this year’s Tour de France. Floyd looked fine over the first mountain, but during the second climb over the Col de la Croix-de-Fer, he looked a little under his norm. Floyd made no excuses today and lost over eight minutes in the final fifteen kilometers. I have not spoken to him since the end of the stage, but I can tell you that he will not only be back next year but he will be back to make the winner of this years tour de France earn it by racing his *** off on tomorrows las climbing stage. I believe he can win tomorrow as well as the TT on Saturday. Todays detonation is not the end of the world by any means, in fact- This is only the beginning!!!

E-Richie,

Thank you for putting a positive spin on it, yo...

I feel the same way you do and it ain't over til the fat lady sings, atmo...

Why is he being crucifixed now? Doesnt he deserve his day in court? For me, he is INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty. Not the opposite.

That hasnt happened yet. He still holds the title and I will continue to believe in his innocence (until proven guilty) til the day they take away the title.

Thanks for reading,

Steve

J.Greene
08-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Why is the assumption that he chose to use drugs after 16 and before 17? Why not when he left for Europe with Mercury? Or Postal? If what some ex euro racers on this board say is true, and I believe it is. The decision to use drugs was not after 16 and before 17. It was a long time ago atmo. I don't buy all the hoopla surrounding the 16/17 thing. I also believe that if Floyd is stripped the new winner more than likely made the same choices Floyd did reguarding how to succede in that career.

JG

Share your view, e-Richie. Here was a guy at the end of Stage 16 who was out of contention but had the story, the excuse, and also the guts to come back next year and win big time. He knew he'd be tested, he isn't stupid, and he'd end up not a popular hero but a scumbag if he used drugs. What was the percentage in it for him? He had to make a decision to use drugs before the beginning of the 17th stage. What coach would have supported such a decision, and what street-smart rider would have attempted it? It just doesn't make sense. The tests are all relative ones that can't measure an absolute presence or absence of a pharmaceutical, but only determine whether the amount present (C-13 or epitestosterone) is above or below a certain level. I wouldn't want to be tried in that court, even without considering the information leaks, the conflicts of interest, the lack of due process and lack of controls on samples and testing protocols.

Cycling is in big trouble, and not just because the public will be dissuaded from following it or sponsors will be dissuaded from financing it. Who wants to be a pro rider these days? Masters' track worlds is coming up, and one of the questions I keep hearing is whether they will institute drug testing this year. No one trusts the testing.

atmo
08-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Why is the assumption that he chose to use drugs after 16 and before 17? Why not when he left for Europe with Mercury? Or Postal? If what some ex euro racers on this board say is true, and I believe it is. The decision to use drugs was not after 16 and before 17. It was a long time ago atmo. I don't buy all the hoopla surrounding the 16/17 thing. I also believe that if Floyd is stripped the new winner more than likely made the same choices Floyd did reguarding how to succede in that career.

JG
because that's when he was caught positive.
i'm not suggesting that he never did what i
think that most people do (whatever they can,
and whatever they think/hope they don't get
caught at), i'm only stating that his 2006 tdf
tests were all clean - until this one.

swoop
08-05-2006, 06:52 PM
phonak sacked floyd today too. doping isn't some dark thing... it can be as easy as trying some stuff everyone else is using just to recover. talk to decanio..

anyway.. i'm not going there again. it is what it is.

J.Greene
08-05-2006, 06:56 PM
because that's when he was caught positive.
i'm not suggesting that he never did what i
think that most people do (whatever they can,
and whatever they think/hope they don't get
caught at), i'm only stating that his 2006 tdf
tests were all clean - until this one.

I was responding to an above post from 11.4.

I don't know or have an answer or insight into your question. I wish I did. I hope like the rest of us that there is another answer to the one we've been given. Sure it doesn't make sense, but neither does the last three grand tour winners getting caught in consecutive tours. I think that bike racing is a risk sport. Not just in health terms but in tactics. It might be as simple that he was willing to take more risk. He was quoted saying that he was racing every race like it was his last.

JG

atmo
08-05-2006, 06:58 PM
I was responding to an above post from 11.4.

I don't know or have an answer or insight into your question. I wish I did. I hope like the rest of us that there is another answer to the one we've been given. Sure it doesn't make sense, but neither does the last three grand tour winners getting caught in consecutive tours. I think that bike racing is a risk sport. Not just in health terms but in tactics. It might be as simple that he was willing to take more risk. He was quoted saying that he was racing every race like it was his last.

JG
sorry.
it's happy hour here atmo.

J.Greene
08-05-2006, 07:00 PM
sorry.
it's happy hour here atmo.

it's the kids bed time here.

JG

Johny
08-05-2006, 07:17 PM
...i'm only stating that his 2006 tdf
tests were all clean...

Maybe not "positive" for the first tests on the A samples. But then Lance was very consistent with that until his 1999 B samples were tested positive for EPO.

Johny
08-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Believe is a strong word atmo.

atmo
08-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Believe is a strong word atmo.
i have alotta ovum atmo.

obtuse
08-05-2006, 07:27 PM
i believe the children are the future.
teach them well and let them lead the way.
show them all the beauty etc. etc.

atmo
08-05-2006, 07:29 PM
i believe the children are the future.
teach them well and let them lead the way.
show them all the beauty etc. etc.
we(_ _ _ _) are the world atmo.

stevep
08-05-2006, 07:43 PM
i am one of a small group who hated lance when he was still a junior.
most of the rest of you are rookies.

atmo
08-05-2006, 07:51 PM

hate is a very strong word atmo,
but yeah - knowing him then helps
complete the picture that we have now,
or should i say had - since his reign
is done.

Grant McLean
08-05-2006, 07:52 PM

JG

I totally agree. If there was never any intent to "dope" until the big blow up
stage, where did the patches come from???? The team just happen to have
some drugs on hand?

g

obtuse
08-05-2006, 07:53 PM

i hated that guy when he wouldn't say hello to me in charleroi in 1995. too fast to talk to the slow funny looking kid....nice. jealousy is a terrible thing.

obtuse

Grant McLean
08-05-2006, 07:54 PM

Mystery solved!!

I know how Lance won all those tours!!
Does everyone remember those visits Lance got in the mountains??
Look at those feet, clearly GH was involved.

http://www.caratulasdecine.com/caratula.php?pel=1355

g

obtuse
08-05-2006, 07:54 PM
hate is a very strong word atmo,
but yeah - knowing him then helps
complete the picture that we have now,
or should i say had - since his reign
is done.

ahm...hi rein ain't done atmo, imho anyway.

obtuse

atmo
08-05-2006, 07:56 PM
ahm...hi rein ain't done atmo, imho anyway.

obtuse
he'll race again.

obtuse
08-05-2006, 08:00 PM
he'll race again.

through the veins of the young god fearing americans sent to do battle for him and his program in heathen europe!

obtuse

stevep
08-05-2006, 08:01 PM
i hated that guy when he wouldn't say hello to me in charleroi in 1995. too fast to talk to the slow funny looking kid....nice. jealousy is a terrible thing.

obtuse

jaysus obtuce,
i wont say hi to you now... cause you are slow and funny looking. can you blame me? my friends might see me talking to you.

atmo
08-05-2006, 08:02 PM
jaysus obtuce,
i wont say hi to you now... cause you are slow and funny looking. can you blame me? my friends might see me talking to you.

pooch - focus...
how do i glom sram stuff for 'cross team atmo?

obtuse
08-05-2006, 08:08 PM
jaysus obtuce,

yeah- but lance lapped me at charleroi in an otheriwse fixed race. you just send me insulting postcards from italy that make me jealous and mad.

make segal order more bar tape will ya?

obtuse

obtuse
08-05-2006, 08:09 PM
pooch - focus...

call fat ed.

obtuse

stevep
08-05-2006, 08:18 PM
pooch - focus...

you wont get it. they dont have shiite extra. you might call fat ed as suggested but he knows little that proves correct although his speculation runs high and hard.
we already sold everything that showed up... including the compact 165 triple crank that is for obtuces personal bike.
whos on your cross team this year?

stevep
08-05-2006, 08:21 PM
make a move for page, will ya? the kid was last seen riding in liberty seguras kit for gods sake.
he would look good in red... might even be a communist because he's left handed atmo.
give him a decent bike... the shiite hes been on!

obtuse
08-05-2006, 08:23 PM
make a move for page, will ya? the kid was last seen riding in liberty seguras kit for gods sake.
he would look good in red... might even be a communist because he's left handed atmo.
give him a decent bike... the shiite hes been on!

*** are you on about? page is in a liberty kit? he can join our club team anytime. we're on the program yo.

obtuse

atmo
08-05-2006, 08:27 PM
you wont get it. they dont have shiite extra. you might call fat ed as suggested but he knows little that proves correct although his speculation runs high and hard.
we already sold everything that showed up... including the compact 165 triple crank that is for obtuces personal bike.
whos on your cross team this year?

huh?!
e me.

stevep
08-05-2006, 08:43 PM
*** are you on about? page is in a liberty kit? he can join our club team anytime. we're on the program yo.

obtuse

was, was, for cross last year.
that schtick has run dry as they say.
needs a gig w/ baksheeesh.
tim j will beat him at nats anyway...so its in vain.
ill throw cash on it.

Zard
08-05-2006, 09:35 PM

obtuse

In 1992 I saw a crit at Copper Mt. in Colorado. There was a guy there that was head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of talent, speed, etc. I think he lapped the field. I asked a race official who it was. He said "Lance Armstrong" I said "He's amazing" the race official said "yeah, he's amazing allright...an amazing a... hole."

Well, that's my lance armstrong story. I remember telling my riding buds that there was this new guy named Armstrong and that he would win the tour won day. FWIW.

Grant McLean
08-05-2006, 10:05 PM
snipped...
Well, that's my lance armstrong story. I remember telling my riding buds that there was this new guy named Armstrong and that he would win the tour one day. FWIW.

wow, that was quite a prediction!

I watched Lance get passed by Indurain in that TT like he as standing still,
and thought... that Lance guy should concentrate on the classics.

I don't think there was cycling journalist in the world who thought Lance
(pre-cancer) would ever win the tour, since he had barely finished the race,
let alone looked like he'd ever do more than win a stage.

g

Zard
08-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Just a stupid dumb lucky guess. But when I saw him he was like a Secretariat compared to everyone else at that race. Something about the way he carried himself. Sometimes when you go to the track you see a horse that is just so muscled and strong and holding his head up. You know he's a winner. That was Lance on that day.

Louis
08-05-2006, 10:54 PM
He knew he'd be tested, he isn't stupid

Bringing this thread back to FL:

We hear this argument all the time, but I don't know if I really buy it.

If our assumption that the pro ranks are shot through and through with guys using PEDS, is correct then it's safe to assume that lots of guys in the TdF are using. I think many on this board would agree that that is a safe statement. If the cheaters aren't "caught" (which they don't seem to be, since only FL was fingered) then either they have good masking agents or the powers that be have decided to not announce all the positive tests. Either way, in this scenario lots of guys who are using would be tested and nothing would come of it. Therefore, I can easily see how FL might figure, "What the heck, I might not get caught either."

Just some random speculation.

Louis

Avispa
08-06-2006, 09:29 AM
e-RICHIE Believes Floyd Atmo

If Avispa believes e-RICHIE, then Avispa believes Floyd?

NOT!!!!

yeehawfactor
08-07-2006, 08:13 AM
huh?!
e me.
you've got mail atmo

Big Dan
08-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Change of tune ? What happened to the beer and Jack shots??... :confused:

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5851904

rspecker
08-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Maybe Floyd can borrow a consipracy rant from Mel.

catulle
08-07-2006, 01:06 PM
From what I've read, there are many substances which are not tested for as they are not known to the authorities, and there are many masking agents which also remain largely unknown. Until rather recently, 2003-2004, Vincent Conte's BALCO was providing a long list of the best athletes in the world with several different types of PED and he was getting away with it. As a matter of fact, in many cases the doping authorities would learn about doping agents been used because a disgruntled athlete would send them a sample in order to do harm to a competitor.

In other words, it wouldn't surprise me if Floyd doped. What surprises me is the extraordinarily inept and self-defeating way the whole issue is being handled by the cycling suits.

Russell
08-07-2006, 07:13 PM
his other test results atmo.
how long does testosterone stay in the body? would it have shown up in his test 2 days later?

BoulderGeek
08-07-2006, 08:13 PM
how long does testosterone stay in the body? would it have shown up in his test 2 days later?

Mine's been with me since at least 1981!

Samster
08-07-2006, 10:17 PM
woman 2 goes up to woman 1 and says "i've had an affair with your husband."

woman 1 asks husband: "did you have an affair with woman 2?"

husband says "no. woman 2 is lying."

woman 1 has never known husband to lie about anything of this magnitude.

who does woman 1 believe?

i think this is a similar quandry. and there's no "right" answer. it's about what you're personally comfortable with believing regardless of which side of the fence.

e-RICHIE
08-07-2006, 10:25 PM
i think this is a similar quandry. and there's no "right" answer. it's about what you're personally comfortable with believing regardless of which side of the fence.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=240123&postcount=21