PDA

View Full Version : My newest object of lust: System 6 by Cannondale

saab2000
08-05-2006, 02:04 PM
That is one neato ride. Saw it in a shop today.

Steelman
08-05-2006, 02:08 PM
That is one neato ride. Saw it in a shop today.

Is it lugged steel?

saab2000
08-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Yeah.

It is light and supposedly megastiff. I liked it and it is pretty light with no stupid light stuff on it. I wonder how their crank/BB is.

texbike
08-05-2006, 02:16 PM
It is a good looking machine. This may Cannondale's hottest bike in years! The gentleman riding his was in love with it, but said that he was still adjusting to the SRAM shifters after using ergo for many years.

Cannondale will have their tour in town in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to taking a test spin one one.

Cheers,

Texbike

shinomaster
08-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Really? I think the stem and head tube look like big black turds.

stevep
08-05-2006, 03:35 PM
too bulky,
too fat.

Endless Goods
08-05-2006, 03:52 PM
too bulky,
too fat.

Guess you missed out on the early 90's mountain biking craze, cuz its 1991 all over again...

zero gravity, threadless HS, M5 brakes- where's Jeff Ringle when you need him?

stevep
08-05-2006, 05:49 PM
maybe, huh?
how about a purple crankset? bars? stem? brakes?

itsalldark
08-05-2006, 06:30 PM
I have seen five or six of them at my LBS, Alberto's. They also have a couple of the new Look 595's which look really cool with the new seat post! I didn't get a chance to ride the System Six since it was not my size, but the people who had ridden the bike and the owner of the shop who also rides one had only good things to say about it!

stevep
08-05-2006, 07:37 PM
I have seen five or six of them at my LBS, Alberto's. They also have a couple of the new Look 595's which look really cool with the new seat post! I didn't get a chance to ride the System Six since it was not my size, but the people who had ridden the bike and the owner of the shop who also rides one had only good things to say about it!

no disrespact to albertos but when was the last time you looked at the newest latest shiiite at a shop and someone said they hated it? how bad can a $5k bike really be?
might not fit? might not be what you like? might not like the look?
the integrated post is not going away..despite the bitter objection of dbrk.
my guess..he will be on one as soon as grant peterson makes one up w/ 650 b wheels...and fender clearance.

Grant McLean
08-05-2006, 07:42 PM
no disrespact to albertos but when was the last time you looked at the newest latest shiiite at a shop and someone said they hated it? how bad can a $5k bike really be?

That's funny. It's like when you ask someone how much they like their
new bike, and the response is "it's the best bike i ever owned".
Most people don't buy a bike they like less than their last ride, i'm just guessing!

I rode a system six a couple of months ago. Nice race bike, but too stiff
for me. But then i'm a shrimp. Bet the bigger boys love it.

g

obtuse
08-05-2006, 07:48 PM
here are some objects of lust.

obtuse

H.Frank Beshear
08-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Hmm.. the one on the right might not be obtuse with her dipleasure if you play with the one on the left. jmo

stevep
08-05-2006, 08:02 PM
i bet shes not worried about it, though... i kinda would like to see the rest of that tattoo, though.

obtuse
08-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Hmm.. the one on the right might not be obtuse with her dipleasure if you play with the one on the left. jmo

but the one on the bottom wins.

obtuse

ti_boi
08-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Something about artwork on the mons venus....seems redundant atmo :rolleyes:

mflaherty37
08-05-2006, 08:09 PM
I heard complaints of the knees rubbing on the obsurdly oversized top tube. Looks like a big wind drag to me.

itsalldark
08-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Hey stevep----go into Alberto's and tell them what you ride and what kind of riding you like to do and they will give you your options. As for myself and the way I like to ride, one of the staff told me that it would clearly not be a bike for myself based on what kind of riding I do. That is why I shop there---they give you the straight scoop and with all the lines they carry they would know!!!

stevep
08-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Hey stevep----go into Alberto's and tell them what you ride and what kind of riding you like to do and they will give you your options. As for myself and the way I like to ride, one of the staff told me that it would clearly not be a bike for myself based on what kind of riding I do. That is why I shop there---they give you the straight scoop and with all the lines they carry they would know!!!

thats a good scoop, sounds like a good shop w/ some straight guys.
im for it.

saab2000
08-05-2006, 09:10 PM
The objects of my real lust shall not be published here. But she is 26 and has blonde hair and I used to work with her. She is even more neato than a Cannondale System 6.

obtuse
08-05-2006, 09:15 PM
The objects of my real lust shall not be published here. But she is 26 and has blonde hair and I used to work with her. She is even more neato than a Cannondale System 6.

blondes rule.

obtuse

SponsorsWanted
08-06-2006, 12:14 AM
agreed, my blonde is much nicer to look at than the system 6, naked skin>naked carbon

Fat Robert
08-06-2006, 09:09 AM
+1

mrs. fat = the bestest

Fat Robert
08-06-2006, 09:14 AM
dog fat = the spastic-est

(dude, I don't lust my dog. that's gross. but she's cool blonde #2 in casa del fatmo)

shinomaster
08-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Is that your wife Obtuse? Where are the silver paint on pants?

Sandy
08-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Your wife and bow wow are very attractive. And you??

Sandy

Fat Robert
08-06-2006, 09:29 PM
i look better off the back than most guys do off the front

(and its a good thing i do)

Sandy
08-06-2006, 09:33 PM
I look better back in the parking lot. In fact in the back of the parking lot.

Sandy

Serpico
08-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Something about artwork on the mons venus....seems redundant

bro, mons venus (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/MonsVenusSign.png) is a strip club in florida--you're talking about mons veneris

alancw3
08-08-2006, 09:33 AM
getting back to the system 6. i bought a six13 team 2 several months ago and i have to say it is the best bike i have ever owned. there is nothing about this bike that i can find fault with. i would encourage you to ride a six13 team before you buy a system 6. i opted for the team 2 i.e. ultegra versus the team 1 i.e. dura ace because i am not a racer and felt the price differential was not justified. anyway ride a six13 and post your personal feelings about the bike.

saab2000
08-08-2006, 09:40 AM
I did ride a six13 this past week in Grand Rapids. Seems like a very nice bike. Stiff and there seemed to be good damping of the road surface. It was tough to tell what it was really like because it was not set up for me. But what I could tell was that it is nice. The guy who owned it works at Ada bikes and told me that he has ridden the System 6 and it is another step up from the six13, especially in terms of stiffness. I don't doubt it.

I saw some of the System 6s in person there and was impressed with them in terms of size of the head tube and the others. That thing must really be stiff.

Still, I got dropped this morning on my Serotta CIII in Virginia Beach on the Fat Frogs A++ hammerfest. I still have a ways to go before I can justify a new ride. It was not the bike that caused me to get dropped. Fitness is slowly coming back, but slowly is the key word here.

davids
08-08-2006, 10:16 AM
but the one on the bottom wins.

obtuse
I could make a crude pun here, but I, y'know, won't. That would be wrong.

My preferences run towards brunettes. The one on the left's been an object of my lust for an awfully long time now...