PDA

View Full Version : Bike Tires Direct

gasman
02-09-2017, 09:11 PM
As many of you have noticed Bike Tires Direct has joined our forum as a sponsor. I'm glad to hear that so many of you have used them and have had good customer service from BTD. I've used them for tires and tubes for years and always had great service. I naively thought it was in part because they were only 100 miles up the road. It's great to hear so many good reviews.

My brother-in-law started as CFO for them last year. He commutes regularly on his bike and while not a total bike nut he "gets it" . I asked him last month if they would be interested in becoming a sponsor of our little corner of the internet. He talked to the owner and after only brief deliberation they signed on with the rest of our wonderful sponsors ! It's a win-win situation.

I'm grateful for all our sponsors. They keep the lights on here and I hope we all can continue to support them. I know I'm still lusting after a Kirk.

Of course this place wouldn't exist without the donations and posts all of you make here.

A big :beer::beer::beer: toast to our newest sponsor Bike Tires Direct.

drewellison
02-10-2017, 01:09 AM
+1.
Now, if we can only get The Like Button Company to be a sponsor ...

Louis
02-10-2017, 01:15 AM
Many thanks to BTD.

I don't need anything right now, but when I do they'll be at the top of my list to check out.l

alancw3
02-10-2017, 03:41 AM
well done job gasman! i have bought from btd in the past and found their prices and service very good and competitive. no longer just bike tires but an entire line of products.

Cicli
02-10-2017, 03:54 AM
Awesome.

Whats with WBW as well?
Same company? I buy from either/or but if they are different, I will go to BTD just for the relationship.

wasfast
02-10-2017, 06:08 AM
Bike Tires Direct=Western Bike Works=VeloTech.

BumbleBeeDave
02-10-2017, 06:11 AM
+1.
Now, if we can only get The Like Button Company to be a sponsor ...

. . . of grinding axes is deafening me! :);)

BBD

oldpotatoe
02-10-2017, 06:23 AM
Nice to see a US company with proper discounts of obviously first quality, not gray/black market stuff. With proper warranty, etc. Prices reflect that. Much like other legit MO outfits in the US(Excel, Competitive Cyclist, Colorado Cyclist, etc)..

572cv
02-10-2017, 06:50 AM
I've bought from BTD before, no problems. Now, will look there and in a close call situation at least, will choose them. Heck, I'll even look at more than just tires.

This is an interesting move. The forum isn't huge, but it is certainly a buying group of cyclists, hence a pretty solid little marketplace for a vendor of bike stuff.... I hope this will be a win-win !

DrSpoke
02-10-2017, 10:59 AM
I've used them a lot over the years and have always been happy. Shipping is always very fast and no sales tax to CA. I usually add items to the cart and wait until it hits the free shipping total or a good Daily Special comes up. With their sales prices and the 10% Gold Member points they are hard to beat. My last purchase was a Silca floor pump that was about 15% off on sale and then another 10% in points. Same w/Garmin - you can often find them at 20-25% off and w/the extra 10% is often better than eBay and/or used.

I've had two great experiences w/them. The first was when my Garmin failed and they decided to send me a new one rather than go through the Garmin warranty. The second was when I ordered a NiteRider front light. The switch didn't seem to work - operator error. So they sent me a new one even before I returned the old one. By then, I'd figured out how to turn on the original so kept them both.

gasman
02-10-2017, 11:27 AM
Bike Tires Direct=Western Bike Works=VeloTech.

Thanks for that clarification. I knew it was a family of companies and I think there are several others.

daker13
02-10-2017, 12:24 PM
As an aside, if you're running an ad blocker, don't forget to keep it from running on the Paceline!

(I literally, ten seconds ago, said to myself, Hmmm... I don't see any BTD ads--then realized I was running an ad blocker. Happy to turn off the ad blocker when revenue helps a worthy site.)

wasfast
02-11-2017, 07:25 AM
The name implies they only have tires which is far from the truth. Their physical store is very nice or at least was when I lived just across the river from them.

Clean39T
02-11-2017, 08:50 AM
Great company, great customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huck*this
02-11-2017, 11:10 AM
:hello:

Welcome looking forward to purchasing some items from you guys.