PDA

View Full Version : OT: Word to PDF

vav
02-09-2017, 12:00 PM
Hi fellas, any tips how to move a few documents from docx to pdf?
Thanks

CDollarsign
02-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Save as -> PDF

cp43
02-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Save as -> PDF

If you don't have this option, you can download a utility that allows you to print to a PDF. Search for "PDF printer". After install, you print as normal, but select the utility as the destination. When you print, it will open save options for your PDF.

MattTuck
02-09-2017, 12:06 PM
Nitro PDF is what I use.

vav
02-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Save as -> PDF

yup. thanks. :banana:

Gsinill
02-09-2017, 12:09 PM
If you don't have this option, you can download a utility that allows you to print to a PDF...

...or switch to a Mac to have this capability built into the print function for any document ;)

p nut
02-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Another option: Save to Google Doc. Then export as PDF.

tumbler
02-09-2017, 01:04 PM
...or switch to a Mac to have this capability built into the print function for any document ;)

This generally works on Windows as well, assuming you have a decent PDF program installed. I see "Adobe PDF", "Nitro PDF", and "Microsoft Print to PDF" in the dropdown list of printers when I go to print from any program. That last one may come with modern versions of Windows since I don't think I installed it.

I'm also all for switching to Macs.

staggerwing
02-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Just because it has some additional powerful features, such as save to TIFF, JPG, and other graphic formats, at various resolutions and bit depths, I'm a fan of BullZip.

Doesn't hurt that it is free for personal use, and is free from adds, nagging or other payloads. Good stuff.

cdn_bacon
02-09-2017, 03:02 PM

Shimano riders...:rolleyes:

hahaha couldn't resist.

Peter P.
02-09-2017, 03:20 PM
Go to File>Print and you should see a "PDF" button or option in the Print Dialogue box, or it may say, "Save as PDF". Or click on the "PDF" button mentioned in the first sentence and you may see a "Save as PDF" button. Click "Save" and SAVE IT WHERE YOU CAN FIND IT! (That's a warning and joke, folks!)

At least that's how it works with a Mac.

brenick
02-09-2017, 04:17 PM
MS Windows, more recent versions.

From Word

File/Print
In the Print screen, Change printer name to "Microsoft Print to PDF"

Gsinill
02-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Shimano riders...:rolleyes:

hahaha couldn't resist.

Wow, if you equate the superiority of a Mac over Windows to that of Shimano over Campagnolo, I definitely have to give Shimano a try one of these days :banana: