PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone out there...

fstrthnu
08-04-2006, 02:34 PM
... have experience with Tune cranks and bottom brackets. If so, do/did You like them?

Thank You
Fstrthnu

jonesy
08-04-2006, 02:56 PM
I've got the bigfoot square taper cranks and ac38 Ti b/b.
They're beautifully machined and finished.The cranks are
black and look mega.The hex drive six pack b/b and cranks
are meant to be excellent also.

Lee

dave thompson
08-04-2006, 03:32 PM
I've had two bikes with Tune cranks and as the other poster said they are truly beautiful. I used other BBs with them though.

fstrthnu
08-04-2006, 03:37 PM
I've had two bikes with Tune cranks and as the other poster said they are truly beautiful. I used other BBs with them though.

Other BB's? Interesting. May I ask which makes and models?

Thank You,
Fstrthnu

dave thompson
08-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Other BB's? Interesting. May I ask which makes and models?

Thank You,
Fstrthnu
It's been a couple of years, but IIRC they were the Shimano UN series. I was running triples. I didn't get the Tune cranks for the weight factor, I just thought they were so terrific looking.

1centaur
08-04-2006, 05:26 PM
I was interested in Tune cranks for the looks and the weight but after a lot of reading between the lines at weightweenies (which is where this question would be better answered) I moved on to something I perceived as more reliably unfussy in set-up and maintenance. As always on parts like these, you have to interpret from a very small sample size, so any commonality of complaints tends to seem like a red flag even if it's statistically invalid to reach that conclusion.

jonesy
08-05-2006, 03:52 AM
I don't quite understand what 1centaur was meaning in his last post but in my experience the Tune stuff is
fit and forget.You can see some good pictures of it at
www.poshbikes.com