PDA

View Full Version : Jim Felt probably smiling

oldpotatoe
02-03-2017, 05:59 AM
Bought by Rossignol..along with Time.

http://www.bikeradar.com/us/news/article/felt-bicycles-bought-by-french-ski-brand-rossignol-49106

wasfast
02-03-2017, 06:57 AM
Great to have an exit strategy that pays out. He's been in the game a long time and made some great bikes.

sales guy
02-03-2017, 07:03 AM
Holy WoW!

It's interesting for sure. Especially since the last 'Felt' brand was taken over by Answer and then went bye-bye. I wonder if they are going to do anything in France in the Time factory? Maybe R&D or prototype?

Tickdoc
02-03-2017, 07:05 AM
Good for him!

gavingould
02-03-2017, 08:49 AM
i wonder if they're going to re-brand. Rossignol doesn't really roll off the tongue, but good for Jim.
i worked in a shop that sold Felt and i raced cross on one for a couple seasons, that first run of carbon FX series with the poorly-engineered canti placement. other than that, loved the bike. but having to deflate the tire to clear the pads to pull a wheel was a bit ****.

shovelhd
02-03-2017, 08:17 PM
I'm happy for Jim. Love my Felt. Will upgrade to another. Concerned about the future.

GonaSovereign
02-03-2017, 08:34 PM
i wonder if they're going to re-brand. Rossignol doesn't really roll off the tongue, but good for Jim.
i worked in a shop that sold Felt and i raced cross on one for a couple seasons, that first run of carbon FX series with the poorly-engineered canti placement. other than that, loved the bike. but having to deflate the tire to clear the pads to pull a wheel was a bit ****.

Rossignol rolls perfectly off the tongue. You just need to speak French. :-) It's a lovely word in French, and incidentally fits the bird perfectly.

FriarQuade
02-04-2017, 11:35 AM
I'm fairly sure that Jim hasn't had a controlling interest in Felt bikes for some time. I could be mistaken though. I do know he's not really all that involved

ultraman6970
02-04-2017, 12:58 PM
Between you and me rosignol as a name sound a lot better than a lot of new brands moving around, plus you put the years in other sports experience to back up, IMO those bikes will do ok.