PDA

View Full Version : sweet Kirk on radavist.....

dancinkozmo
02-02-2017, 09:42 PM
http://theradavist.com/2017/02/jaybes-kirk-frameworks-road-with-campagnolo-record-11/#1

mavic1010
02-02-2017, 10:06 PM
It's in the gallery...its my buddy's.....

roguedog
02-02-2017, 10:26 PM
i love this bike. been popping up in various places. might be my fave kirk. just a gorgeous balance in colors and paint.

ooh and it's close to my size. kinda cool to see one close to my size.

R3awak3n
02-02-2017, 11:11 PM
I like it a lot but needs a silver stem

mktng
02-03-2017, 05:58 AM
I like it a lot but needs a silver stem
That's so basic. :P.

This bike is niiicccee.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

merckx
02-03-2017, 06:48 AM
Very nice machine. Miss the Deda Newton bits. Nice work, Dave!

MattTuck
02-03-2017, 08:26 AM
Damn, makes me realize how uncoordinated my colors are. Nice work to Dave and whoever picked the components.

It is a wee bike, though...

benb
02-03-2017, 08:33 AM
This one really doesn't work for me. I'd never describe this as coordinated.

The frame & fork are great looking as always but the build is really garish IMO and doesn't match the elegance of the frame & fork. The Campy group looks out of place on this frame, those modern record levers look really out of place on just about anything but a chunky carbon frame for me, the cranks & stem look too chunky, the black components don't go with the frame at all IMO (and the use of black is inconsistent with the silver seatpost). And the Hubs and Skewers are way distracting. Even the knurled spacers look out of place.

I think it'd look a heck of a lot better with all silver components with an older campy group that had more traditional levers and cranks. Silver stem, brown saddle most likely, hubs that disappeared into the background, and if you're going to go with those tires with the tan sidewalks then use silver rims. If black is needed then make the seatpost, spacers, tire sidewalls, hubs, etc.. black so it's black across the board. But the Black just doesn't go great with the paint job for me.

To each his own, I usually never say anything about these but this one is just over the top. I guess maybe a lot of the bikes on Radavist look like this to me. I used to follow David Kirk on Facebook and the builds he posted were usually much nicer looking than this one.

weisan
02-03-2017, 08:34 AM
Looks like Angry pal could jump on this bike and....Go!

http://theradavist.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Jaybes-David-Kirk-Road-with-Campagnolo-Record-11-23-1335x890.jpg

mktng
02-03-2017, 08:36 AM
Its a phenomenal build. It looks fun. It means business. If we all followed the textbook how to build a bike. It'd be so boring. Its nice to have a build that's just .. Fun

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

AngryScientist
02-03-2017, 08:41 AM
Looks like Angry pal could jump on this bike and....Go!

oh yes!

i love this bike and it certainly looks like it would fit me just right! aside from the pedals, i wouldnt change a thing!:hello:

ColonelJLloyd
02-03-2017, 08:47 AM
Its a phenomenal build. It looks fun. It means business. If we all followed the textbook how to build a bike. It'd be so boring. Its nice to have a build that's just .. Fun

Word. It's a custom; can't be wrong. Might not be how I'd build it, but I ain't hating on it.

jinbok
02-03-2017, 11:14 AM
This is exactly why I did not put more silver components with older campy bits, and brown saddle - etc!

That's a very traditional-classic looking set up. For me it's boring.
Unless I'm buying a frame that is made in 80s or 90s.
Or classic rando bikes..

Really wanted to mix the classic and modern in a very playful way.
Classic lugged frames with modern bits and wanted to create a cool color palette. As a young guy, this build suits me better. I'm only 29.

But I love seeing inputs like this!

Cheers!

This one really doesn't work for me. I'd never describe this as coordinated.

The frame & fork are great looking as always but the build is really garish IMO and doesn't match the elegance of the frame & fork. The Campy group looks out of place on this frame, those modern record levers look really out of place on just about anything but a chunky carbon frame for me, the cranks & stem look too chunky, the black components don't go with the frame at all IMO (and the use of black is inconsistent with the silver seatpost). And the Hubs and Skewers are way distracting. Even the knurled spacers look out of place.

I think it'd look a heck of a lot better with all silver components with an older campy group that had more traditional levers and cranks. Silver stem, brown saddle most likely, hubs that disappeared into the background, and if you're going to go with those tires with the tan sidewalks then use silver rims. If black is needed then make the seatpost, spacers, tire sidewalls, hubs, etc.. black so it's black across the board. But the Black just doesn't go great with the paint job for me.

To each his own, I usually never say anything about these but this one is just over the top. I guess maybe a lot of the bikes on Radavist look like this to me. I used to follow David Kirk on Facebook and the builds he posted were usually much nicer looking than this one.

weaponsgrade
02-03-2017, 12:29 PM
"only 29"!!! I used to be just envious, but it's now hate.

I like the mix of old and new school. I was kinda going for the same thing w/ my mine: skinny steel lugged tubes, but the latest high performing steels and modern kit.

bicycletricycle
02-03-2017, 12:34 PM
next level skewer game

JasonF
02-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Man, I wouldn't change a thing - the parts look like they were curated and put on the bike for a purpose rather than what I usually do: raid the parts bin.

Well done, now go ride the snot out of it!

R3awak3n
02-03-2017, 01:39 PM
I agree, apart from the stem I think the whole build is on point

pdmtong
02-03-2017, 01:54 PM
"only 29"!!! I used to be just envious, but it's now hate.

Imagine you were able to get a great frame earlier in life. Who wouldn't ? Why waste all those years riding affordable frames that were just ok versus getting something great and riding years on that?

Of course frames of this quality were not plentiful when I was 29. And I was Windsurfing and mtb not riding road