PDA

View Full Version : Rodeo Labs Flaanimal 3.0 Announcement

ptourkin
02-01-2017, 08:35 AM
Be patient, the page takes a while to load: http://www.rodeo-labs.com/2017/02/01/flaanimal-3-0-adventure-bike-specification-preview/

They've done a lot of interesting stuff with 3.0 and are confirming a $2,600ish ti bike in the future. They didn't go huge on tire clearance, so it's not a monster crosser like the Trail Donkey (which I just got and am working on building up.) The Manual for Speed bar tape is a sweet choice.

misterha
02-01-2017, 08:52 AM
blue 3.0 is on fire, love those forks too.

Bentley
02-01-2017, 09:23 AM
I like the looks of the bike and the thought that went into it, but water bottle cages on the fork, I am not to sure about that idea...

Ray

ptourkin
02-01-2017, 02:11 PM
I like the looks of the bike and the thought that went into it, but water bottle cages on the fork, I am not to sure about that idea...

Ray

This is what we're doing for bikepacking. With the new King Manything or the Salsa Anythings you can get a lot of water up there where you can't elsewhere because of a frame pack. Also, my sleeping pad and bivy can fit in these mounts.

I'm going to have my Spork modified to handle the the three eyelet mounts, similar to what Ruckus did for Lael Wilcox on her Lauf. I suspect that the next version of the Spork will be set up that way.

sandyrs
02-01-2017, 02:28 PM
I've been following this project for a while and it looks great. I was really disappointed that the Trail Donkey only came in up to a 58, but I understand molds are expensive. I hope that they can offer more sizes for this one.

Bentley
02-01-2017, 02:37 PM
I the idea of more places to carry stuff. I am not that rider, just like the idea of having a water bottle on the underside of the down tube. For me abike is just as much a piecenof art as transportation. Not my thing, but this bike has many uses.

I did not intend to offend so my apologies

best

Ray

jambee
02-02-2017, 04:59 AM
Great looking bike with awesome ideas. Would love to hear how it handles.