PDA

View Full Version : 1UP Rack Issues

alexsteinker
02-01-2017, 07:10 AM
Morning all,

I just scooped this 1Up Double from a buddy on a super discount because he switched up his set up. It appears to be an Older model. I haven't had much look on finding info about it so far.

My question is, It seems to have a little bit of play when its installed. It has a Detent style pin/button insertion method. I'm not particularly worried about it coming out, as it seems pretty secure. But is there any way to shim this model?

There also seems to be some sort of security / threaded hole on the other side that lines up perfectly with the hole on the drivers side of hitch. Anyone Tell me something about this?

I've reached out to 1UP also, but hopefully someone here has some spare parts too if i need them.

Dirtdiggler
02-01-2017, 07:19 AM
My Saris is ''kinda'' the same. Use a threaded bolt to secure and to snug it up into the receiver.

rodcad
02-01-2017, 08:34 AM
The part that goes into the receiver looks different than mine. I don't have the pin that pops out, mine has a "ball" inside such that when inserted you tighten it up and the ball pushes out eliminating play and wobble. Maybe you can order just the newer hitch piece from 1up.

alexsteinker
02-01-2017, 08:36 AM
Yeah i believe their wedge system is the current attachment. This appears to be an older generation. My Wheel holders also don't have the ratcheting feature. There is a turn dial that you adjust.

alexsteinker
02-01-2017, 01:37 PM
heard back from 1UP. Apparently there is a clover shaped wrench that fits inside of that clover shaped hole. Who would have guessed. Searching high or low to find it on the web. No luck. Anyone have one laying around? I'll use it and send it back :)

Tommy Mac
02-01-2017, 03:24 PM
I'm surprised 1UP doesn't have any spare wrenches on hand. If you find one to borrow you may want to have one fabricated.

alexsteinker
02-01-2017, 03:28 PM
I'm surprised 1UP doesn't have any spare wrenches on hand. If you find one to borrow you may want to have one fabricated.

CHA-CHING! They do have them. Just not listed on the site. Some phone tag and emails back and forth and they are taking care of it. Its a pretty old wrench is what I'm having to believe. I couldnt find a single photo on google that looks like my rack. :confused: But its all good now!

Idris Icabod
02-01-2017, 10:03 PM
I've got a newer 1UP rack and had only one minor problem with it. The customer service (I assumed it was a one person shop) was really good. I'm glad that they sorted you out.