PDA

View Full Version : 25 seconds of glory

Dave B
08-03-2006, 05:14 PM
So there I was....spotted him from what was like 50 miles away. I wasn't even wearing glasses!

This uber skinny guy ona tri bike flying down the road like some sort of aerodynamic god!!!!!

So after about 3 miles I catch him, my legs and lungs are probably working, b ut I cannot tell through the incredible pain I feel as my heart starts to find its way up my throat.

We hit the bottom of the hil and I for some reason fly by him...I cannot figure out why I a mere mortal has dusted this guy who weighs like 100 pounds less then I do.

I wonder did I get some Floyd in me...I would have to check my pee later, but I was relishing the moment. Here I was a mixture of Lance, Pantani, and the ever great Merckx.

This poor guy, i bet he was shattered inside...here this fat guy just threw down the gauntlet and shouted to the world, " Hey world...take that!"

So the road levels off and I am beginning to feel the needles in my feet again. I reach down and sure enough I had left my a$$ back on the climb, but me worry.....NEVER!!!

25 seconds later the Tri God comes flying by me and looks over at me with a smile. "I don't do hills." is what I hear or think I hear as my brain is pretty much a grey oooze coming out of my ears.

This cycling phenomenon pedals off into the distance faster then I could possibly imagine.

But Folks.....for 25 seconds I kicked his BUTT!!!! :beer:

Yeah baby! Take that! :banana:

BoulderGeek
08-03-2006, 05:45 PM
I thought this was a thread about my love life.... :confused:

Kevin
08-03-2006, 06:25 PM
I thought this was a thread about my love life.... :confused:

I was thinking the same thing. You can always tell the married guys with young children. :crap: :crap:

Kevin

Dave B
08-03-2006, 07:28 PM
I can totally understand where you guys were coming from, but in my house my wife would say 25 seconds is too ambitous! :beer:

Too Tall
08-03-2006, 08:00 PM
You rode him like a rented mule.
Watch your back...do your intervals.
He's llooking for you...weasel.

ClutchCargo
08-03-2006, 10:40 PM
I can totally understand where you guys were coming from, but in my house my wife would say 25 seconds is too ambitous! :beer:

a testosterone patch !

Sincerely,

Floyd
:rolleyes: